Is this the destination for you?
Do you dream of visiting a country that's not overly far from the UK? If so, a trip to Turkey
is the one for you. Do you want to explore distant, faraway lands? Then you'll need to go further afield.
You should go if
- You're looking to enjoy a vacation not too far from home.
- You've always dreamed of traveling down the legendary Bosphorus River.
- You can't wait to immerse yourself in a different culture.
- You want to, in few steps, leave one continent and join another.
- You want to stroll through bazaars
- You love squidgy, oriental pastries
- You appreciate the beauty of religious monuments
- You've always wanted to get lost in honeycombed Cappadocia
You shouldn't go if
- Historic monuments bore you to tears
- Sugar makes you want to throw up
- You love shopping, but only in contemporary malls in big, modern cities
- You hate bargaining and doing it with a cup of mint tea in your hand is unthinkable
- You have negative media images of Istanbul flashing before your eyes.