Traveling in November
City trips in November
A city trip in November can be a great way to experience the culture of any country. Explore the culture, food, art, architecture and meet the diverse range of people who live in some of the most fascinating and beautiful cities around the world.
- Croatia’s capital city, Zagreb is the perfect off-the-beaten-track city break for November. Visit historical sites and galleries as well as some of the more unusual places Zagreb has to offer such as ‘the museum of broken relationships.’
- Travel to New York for an incredible experience of probably the most diverse and lively city in the world and see why people from all over the world dream of a trip to The Big Apple. Visit the Met Museum, go to a baseball game or explore the cool, downtown regions of the city, discovering restaurants and bars along the way.
- For a European city break in January, Lisbon is the perfect choice. Meander the twisting, narrow streets and admire colorful buildings, traditional architecture and classic, picturesque squares where you can relax in a restaurant with a delicious Portuguese meal and a glass of wine.
Winter sun vacations in November
Nothing is more satisfying than escaping the cold and smugly jetting off to an exotic location in the sun. Why deal with the cold weather of November when you could escape it with a fantastic trip to a winter sun location?
- For winter sun in November, why not visit Argentina and follow the famous wine route? Visit local vineyards and wineries as you see some of Argentina’s most beautiful spots.
- A trip to Australia is the perfect choice for those wishing to escape the cold, since January is peak summer time in Australia. Explore the interesting cities of Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide or the wilderness of the outback.
- Take a trip to Morocco to enjoy the almost year-round sun as you explore the streets; filled with ancient palaces, mosques and buildings. Take a day trip into the desert, where you can ride a camel over the sand dunes, or even spend a night in the desert under the stars.
Winter vacations in November
To make the most of the beautiful scenery that the winter months can bring, why not go to on of Northern Europe’s winter destinations and explore in the snow. Go dog-sledding, stay in an igloo or go skiing and have the winter trip of a lifetime.
- Enjoy a getaway to the beautiful destination of Norway, where you can explore the fjords, the lakes and, of course, the snow. Enjoy all the classic elements of a Norwegian winter, such as a traditional sauna.
- Relax after a day of snowshoeing or dog-sledding in a hot tub in Greenland and tick a sighting of the breathtaking Northern Lights off your bucket list. Enjoy the beautiful countryside of Greenland as you explore the ice cap or take a snowmobile tour.
- Visit Iceland and see how much it lives up to its name as you stay in an ice hotel or watch The Northern Lights as they light up the sky. Visit Reykjavik and enjoy the cultural sites, visiting galleries, museums and restaurants as you explore this cool city.
Best wildlife destinations in November
Whether you’re an animal lover, a nature enthusiast or a family with children; a wildlife tour will be unforgettable no matter where you choose to go. Here are our top 3 for wildlife destinations in November.
- Georgia’s mountainous regions are the perfect place to have the bird-watching trip of a lifetime. Relax in the stunning natural surroundings and take it all in before relaxing in a beautiful accommodation, enjoying delicious food and drink as you reflect on the day.
- To see some of Africa’s most famous animals, including The Big Five, visit Namibia for a safari with a twist. This stunning destination includes beautiful scenery, impressive animals and a fascinating view of ancient culture. Why not stay in an eco-lodge and make the most of the off-peak season, giving you access to cheaper prices and more availability.
- Go to Iceland and see the puffins, wild horses and whales that live here. Take a boat out and go ice fishing before returning to your accommodation and enjoying the Northern Lights which are clearest during the winter months.
Best festivals in November
A festival is the perfect excuse to get away this November and the world is your oyster. Here are our top choices for festivals around the world in November.
- On a visit to South Africa in November, a visit to Cape Town International Kite Festival is unmissable. Watch as the sky fills with kites and the streets of Cape Town fill with over 20,000 visitors to this incredible attraction.
- That Luang Festival in Laos is the most important festival in the the Buddhist calendar in Laos and an amazing time to come and get a sense of local culture.
- The Open Polo Championships in Argentina is an amazing thing to visit during your time here. Dress up and watch this incredible game as you become involved in the drama of the match and the great atmosphere.
Family vacations in November
November is the perfect time to get away as a family and you’ll be able to spend some incredible time together on a trip to one of our top choices for family getaways for November.
- Take your family to see some of Africa’s most famous animals, including The Big Five, on a visit to Namibia. This stunning destination includes beautiful scenery, impressive animals and the opportunity to get an insight into the life of the local people here. Learn about the bushmen that live traditionally here, just as they have for hundreds of years.
- The USA has so much to offer a family looking for the trip of a lifetime. Visit natural wonders of The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and so much more, or visit cities such as Washington D.C. and Chicago to experience the charm of these locations.
- Another Safari destination; Kenya is the perfect choice for a family tour in November to avoid the crowds of tourists. Go on safari together and see all of Africa’s most famous animals; kids will never forget seeing their favorite exotic animals in person. Stay in an eco-lodge or a traditional camp and have a trip that the whole family will always remember.
Honeymoon ideas in November
After a winter wedding, a November honeymoon is a chance to enjoy an incredibly romantic destination and escape to sunnier shores to enjoy some time together in the sun and relax on your first trip as a married couple.
- A honeymoon in Japan is an incredible choice for couples who love culture, art and history. Visit incredible places such as Tokyo and Kyoto before relaxing together in a traditional spa or luxury accommodation.
- For adventurous and outdoorsy couples, visit New Zealand and take in the incredible landscapes as you hike, cycle, para glide and so much more. See why this country is known as one of the world’s most beautiful and why so many directors have set their films here. Stay in a beautiful hotel and enjoy some downtime together.
- Visit Costa Rica for a honeymoon with a twist. If lying on a beach or in a spa all day is not your idea of fun, then why not take a more adventurous honeymoon in the rain forests and natural surroundings of Costa Rica, where you’ll be able to cycle, hike and climb to your heart’s content.