Capture the true essence of your surroundings on this self-drive tour to the southern reaches of Iceland. This area is loaded with the most spectacular natural features around. Along the way, you will discover powerful waterfalls, impressive glaciers, black sand beaches, volcanoes and other natural wonders. If you want to see the main natural highlights Iceland has to offer in one week, while traveling at your own pace, we've got you covered.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Arrival in Reykjavik...
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel
• Free afternoon to do as you wish
• Explore the highlights; Hallgrímskirkja church, the Harpa concert hall and the city hall
• Pick up the rental car and drive to Þingvellir National Park
• Continue to the famous Strokkur geyser to view frequent eruptions sending water 30 meters into the air!
• Marvel at the two-level Gullfoss waterfall
• Journey south towards the coast stopping at Kerið, a volcanic crater displaying its crystal-clear water
• Drive along the scenic coastal route to the impressive Seljalandsfoss waterfall
• Continue to Skógar where you’ll find the picture perfect Skógafoss, one of the country’s biggest falls
• Drive further east to the mighty Mýrdalsjökull glacier and enjoy optional activities such as glacier hiking or snowmobiling with professional guides
• Continue to the charming area of Vik / Kirkjubæjarklaustur, where you will stay for the night
• Onwards to Skaftafell, a lush green oasis between a mighty glacier and vast black sand beaches. Optional hike to the Svartifoss waterfall
• Stop at Svínafellsjökull glacierfall, where the opening sequence of Batman Begins was filmed
• Continue to the spectacular Jökulsarlon glacial lagoon where huge ice bergs break from the glacier
• Continue to the village of Höfn, the lobster capital of Iceland, where you stay for the night
• On the way back to Reykjavik hike the Fjarðrárgljúfur canyon
• Visit the village of Vík and walk along the Reynisfjara beach
• Join an optional horseback riding tour along the black sand beach
• Stop at the Dyrhólaey Peninsula to see the natural stone arch and the puffin colony nesting on the cliff (only during summer). Continue to the Hvolsvöllur
• Discover the endless lava fields, black sand beaches and other geothermal wonders of the Reykjanes peninsula
• Marvel at the colorful mountains and boiling mud pools in Krýsuvík
• Relax in the rejuvenating waters of the Blue Lagoon (reserve in advance)
• Return to Reykjavik and drop off the rental car
• Transfer to Keflavik Internation Airport
• We hope you enjoyed discovering Iceland with us!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||$1,040|