Iceland is one of Europe’s fastest growing tourist destinations and with so much beauty, variety and culture, it’s no wonder that tourists keep returning to the island. If you haven’t yet been and are wondering if Iceland is for you, be inspired our top 5 reasons to travel to Iceland:
- For a trip that’s suitable for any age or traveller. Whether you’re travelling with children, with friends, as a couple or going solo, Iceland is the perfect destination. Children and adults alike will be blown away by the dramatic cliffs of the fjords or the thrill of seeing a whale up close.
- For a culture trip. Reykjavik is well known for its artsy atmosphere and you will notice this as soon as you step foot in this cool city, with cool bars, cafes, museums, galleries and shops around every corner.
- For delicious food. Stay in Reykjavik for a taste of haute cuisine in any of the cool, minimalistic restaurants that are becoming famous here, or go off the beaten track; going on a fishing trip in the afternoon to catch your evening meal. Iceland’s fresh seafood is unbeatable and this alone is well worth the trip!
- For an experience of Iceland’s animals. See the wild ponies that roam the fjords here as you hike around this incredible location. Visit the westman islands to see the famous puffins that live here in their hundreds. Go on a once in a lifetime cruise to see the whales and killer whales that live in the waters surrounding Iceland.
- For more natural beauty than you’ve ever seen. Visit one of the many stunning waterfalls, fjords, villages, beaches, cities or forests here, which are almost entirely untouched. Godafoss, meaning ‘the waterfall of the gods’ is just one unmissable spot, why not have a picnic here to truly enjoy it. The black sand beach is just one example of an incredible Icelandic cove, with so many more, such as Diamond Beach.