If you want to discover the ancient history and culture of Armenia and Georgia, this combined tour is designed for you! This program will give you the opportunity to discover the ancient culture, impressive landscapes and truly friendly people. In the South Caucasus, Armenia is an exceptional Christian cradle. The oldest Christian nation in the world with its tormented history. Despite the economic difficulties and the hostility of its neighbors, at the crossroads of East and West, Armenia continues to believe for better destiny and to prosper. Beyond its ethnological and cultural diversity, the region of Caucasus offers many other interests such as history, biodiversity, architecture, and gastronomy with some foreign influences of the region. Ancestral traditions such as viticulture in Georgia, where winemaking has an important place for the majority of the population, make worthy to experience the Caucasus, to discover and to feel.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Transfer from airport to hotel in Yerevan!
• Check-in at the hotel!
• Enjoy a morning tour of this fascinating and dignified capital city!
• Sightseeing includes Republic Square, Esplanade, Opera House and more!
• Drive to Saghmosavank, is a 13th-century Armenian monastic complex located in the village of Saghmosavan!
• Continue to Amberd ("fortress in the clouds"), a 7th-century fortress located 2,300 meters above sea level.
• After, travel to Karmravor, known as the Church of Holy Mother of God. Also, visit the Armenian Genocide Museum, Armenia's official memorial dedicated to 1,500,000 victims of the Armenian Genocide.
• Today, we will depart for Geghard.
• Visit the medieval monastery of Geghard. Being partially carved out of the adjacent mountain, surrounded by cliffs, it is a center of art and spirituality. Geghard is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Visit the temple Garni, a classical Hellenistic pagan temple.
• Today we will visit Etchmiatsin. Echmiadzin is one of the holiest cities in Armenia. This former capital is now the home for the Supreme Catholicos of the Armenian Apostolic Orthodox faith.
• The trip continues to the South of the country. Visit the monastery of Khor-Virap.
• After breakfast, the trip continues to the South of the country.
• Visit the monastery of Noravank, which is one of the rarest churches where you will be able to see the carved visage of God.
• Exploration of Noratus cemetery and its famous Khatchkars (cross-stone). The cemetery has the largest cluster of khachkars in the Republic of Armenia.
• After breakfast, we're going ahead to Vardzia, a cave monastery site in southern Georgia.
• Later, visit Akhaltsikhe, a town in Southern Georgia, founded in the middle ages. Its name means “a new fortress” because the town’s fortress used to be the most important landmark of the region!
• Today we'll visit Borjomi - a resort town in southcentral Georgia.
• Drive to Kutaisi, the legislative capital of Georgia, and its 3rd most populous city.
• Later, visit Gelati - a medieval monastic complex, the masterpiece of the Georgian Golden Age and recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
• After breakfast, drive to Gori, a city in eastern Georgia, which serves as the regional capital of Shida Kartli and the center of the homonymous administrative district.
• After lunch, drive to Mtskheta, one of the oldest cities of Georgia lies at the confluence of the rivers Mtkvari and Aragvi. Mtskheta is the most religious city in Georgia.
• Drive through the region of Kakheti, famous for its wine and hospitality.
• While the Kakheti region is the birthplace of grapes and wine, it is impossible to leave this region without tasting local wine. One of the most hospitable Winery SHELTI will offer you Georgian wine where you can taste a glass of delicious local wine.
• Today - a guided tour in the capital!
• The silhouette of Tbilisi is immediately recognizable and unique. It is one of the most charming and colorful places in the world!
• Tbilisi is also revered for its impressive orthodox churches which vary from picturesque marvelous cathedrals such as Sioni and the golden-domed Sameba.
• Transfer from hotel to airport!
We hope you had a great time with us!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$1,690|