A trip to Thailand is an opportunity to discover one of Asia's most highly rated destinations. It must be said that there's no shortage of things to do and see. To make sure that your stay really is a slice of paradise, ensure that you don't forget to pack all you need.
First and foremost, the weather in Thailand is hot all year round. Therefore, make sure you pack light clothing. Don't panic if, once you arrive in the country, you realize that you've forgotten something. There are markets all over, where you're sure to be able to buy whatever it is you're missing. For example, there are some very original and stylish T-shirts. For that reason, there's no sense in packing too much before you leave, but don't forget to pack your favorite bathing suit! In Thailand, you'll get the chance to discover some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. If you're planning to take a trek, make sure you pack your hiking boots. Don't forget them: they are one of the few things that are difficult to find in the country. You'll also need clothes that cover your arms and legs while visiting religious sites. On the beach, sunglasses, a hat and sun cream are necessities, to save you from the worst effects of the sun.
Thailand doesn't give any real cause for concern in terms of hygiene. Only pack the essentials in your first-aid kit: enough to deal with minor injuries and illnesses, but make sure you add a mosquito repellent.
You'll also need to take a camera or camcorder. If you have a camera that works underwater, make sure you pack it: the marine life is spectacular. Also take your bank card to withdraw cash, as well as a photocopy of your passport in case you lose it. If you intend to drive in the country, apply for an international driver's license.
Ready to go? Lock your suitcase tightly and you're ready for an amazing experience.
What to pack
- Your love of travel and exploration
- Your international driver's license to be able to rent a car
- An underwater camera or camcorder, if possible
- Your bank card to withdraw cash
- A photocopy of your passport in case you lose it
- International standard condoms
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun cream to protect you from the sun
- A first aid kit to treat minor ailments and accidents
- Your hiking boots for trekking
- Your favorite bathing suit to lounge on the stunning beaches
- Long clothing to visit religious sites
- Light clothing to help you cope with the heat