Welcome to Portugal and the Douro Valley! Begin your journey in Porto, an inviting city of contrasts and winner of Best European Destination award! Wander down narrow cobbled streets, indulge in Portuguese cuisine and sip tastebud tingling Port! Travel by car to the famous valley. A now leading producer of world-renowned wines, the Douro Valley is marked by its sloping wine terraces and deep blue river for which the valley gets its name. Travel by foot, 4x4, train, boat and even Donkey on the path to discovering the region, its people and their customs.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
You have arrived...
• Meet a member of our team at Porto Airport followed by private transfer to your accommodation
• Embark on a guided, half-day walking tour around the UNESCO Heritage historical city center
• Visit 3 local restaurants and indulge in Portuguese delicacies Accommodation in Porto
Day 2 is all about exploration! Let us know which of the following 3 options suits you best..
OPTION 1: Learn about and taste something that is deeply connected with Portugal’s history and legacy: The Sea! You will have the chance to interact with several stages of fish production
• Begin the morning by watching fishermen return to port with their catch of the day
• Visit a top quality sardine canning factory, a typical Portuguese delicacy that is known all over the world
• Explore the local fish market and choose a fresh catch to be prepared at a restaurant close to the market
OPTION 2: Discover an ancient artisanal Portuguesegoldsmithing technique passed down from generation to generation: the filigree
• Visit a traditional filigree workshop
• View the “Alchemy of Filigree” exhibition and taste local delicacies in Casa Branca do Gramido overlooking the Douro River
OPTION 3: Release your inner chef in our hands-on cooking class!
• Enjoy yourself and learn under the guidance of a professional Chef
• Create a delicious food and wine pairing
• Class performed in a professional hotel school setting
Accommodation in Porto
• Start the day with a private transfer from Porto to Pinhão, the heart of Douro Valley Wine Region (2h)
• Enjoy a guided tour & tasting at one of the most exquisite wine Estates of Port and Douro wines, followed by a gourmet, picnic-style lunch among the vineyards
• Take the rest of the afternoon to explore this magnificent region
• Take in stunning landscapes during a train ride from Pinhão to Pocinho (1h) followed by private transfer from Pocinho to Torre de Moncorvo (15min) for lunch (not included)
• Return to Pocinho after lunch for a boat trip along one of the most beautiful sections of the Douro River (1h)
• Explore the historical village of Marialva, one of the official ancient villages of Portugal
• Private transfer from Marialva to Atenor (1.5h)
• Enjoy a truly unique experience and discover nature and traditional villages of the MirandesePlateau, Douro International Nature Park and Sabor River Valley via Donkey! More than a means of transport, ideal for carrying bags, the native breed of donkey will be your travel companion
• Gaze over breathtaking landscapes while transfering from Atenor to Miranda do Douro (25min)
For the afternoon you can choose one of these two ways to explore the region:
OPTION 1: Half-day guided canoe trip on Douro river (Available between July and October)
OPTION 2: Half-day guided hike. Observe the native fauna and flora and enjoy beautiful panoramas. (Dinner included at a local typical Portuguese restaurant)
Indulge in the arts, customs and traditions of the region...
• Jeep tour through local villages, walk down Cliffside paths, meet with farmers and learn about the local customs
• Travel by small boat in the Douro Valley Natural Reserve
• Picnic while discovering the region followed by dinner at your accommodation
• Taste local pastries and breads at a local bakery
• Travel from Miranda do Douro to Porto (2h45)
• Finish your experience with a delightful guided tour & tasting at an exquisite Port Wine Cellar on the Porto riverbanks. A farewell dinner is included with the tasting
• Private transfer to Porto Airport (25min)
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||Single Supplement|
|Price per person||$2,780||$540|