Is this the destination for you?
Just a few days to spare? Fancy a change of air without going too far from home? On the contrary, do you need a complete change of scenery at the other end of the planet? Here's our latest advice to decide if a trip to Portugal is for you or not.
You should go if
- You want sunshine not too far from home
- You want to awaken your gourmet side
- You imagine yourself listening to a real fado, with a glass of port in your hand
- You love to meet friendly people
- You find bullfights too cruel, but you can enjoy a bullfight without death at the end
- You dream of riding in a yellow funicular tram in Lisbon
You shouldn't go if
- You like a total change of scenery
- You love light cuisine
- You're too depressed to hope of holding out for more than 2 fados in a row
- You have no interest in historic sites
- You believe that Ronaldo plays for Madrid because Lisbon is only good for retirees and there's nothing there to do there
- You think that the restaurants only serve cod and you don't like fish