A journey off the beaten track in Norway is an experience of a lifetime! Connect with kind-hearted locals, discover endless hidden gems and taste delicious cuisine. This 13 day, active cultural & nature immersion will provide plenty of jaw dropping sights, cultural treasures and opportunities to challenge yourself through kayaking, cycling and hiking. Don't worry - It's not all hard work. You will spend a significant amount of time in comfort, during a midnight fjord cruise and several stunning rail journeys. All aboard!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Norway...
• Begin your adventure in a city full of unforgettable charm and character
• The city is made for walking and the local transportation makes it easy to get around
• Enjoy a free evening in Oslo
• For dinner, stop by either Lofoten Restaurant, Cafè Skansen, or Smalhans
• Sample brown goat cheese for breakfast - a must!
• Set off on a guided small group half day kayaking experience in the Oslofjord (no experience necessary)
• Learn about wildlife conservation efforts and participate in a beach cleanup activity (optional)
• Afterwards, you will receive eco-travel recommendations from your guide
• Embark on a epic rail journey from Oslo to the mountaineering base of Åndalsnes (5h)
• Along the route, observe Norway's most dramatic terrain. The beautiful emerald-green Rauma River will keep you company for most of the journey
• Take in the views of Kylling Bridge and Trollveggen, Europe’s highest perpendicular mountain wall
• Upon arrival, you will be picked up and transfer to your charming hotel
• For dinner, you will be served a Norwegian meal based on seasonal ingredients
• Day trip to Ona, Norway’s southernmost fishing village with a permanent population of 25 people!
• The trip starts in Ålesund by high-speed ferry to Harøya. Then you go by bus to Finnøya and on to Ona by ferry
• After dinner, you'll embark on the Hurtigruten cruise from Ålesund to Florø
• Midnight departure ensures peaceful landscapes and a good night sleep in your private cabin
• Enjoy delicious breakfast aboard the cruise before arrival in Bergen in the afternoon
• Prepare for Romsdalseggen - the most beautiful hike in Norway (8h, moderate, guide optional)
• Today's excursion will offer unmatched viewsof the Trollveggen wall, Romsdalshorn & Vengetindene peaks, valleys, tiny towns and the Norwegian Sea
• Shorter and easier Rampestreken hike is a great alternative (2h)
• For dinner, it's probably safe to say you've earned a delicious local meal
• Transfer to the bus station and take the local bus to Ålesund (2h)
• Upon arrival, get lost among the colorful streets and outdoor cafés
• As for activities, you can visit museums or a sea park. Numerous outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding are also available
• A hike to Kniven is obligatory when visiting Ålesund!
• For authentic Norwegian cuisine, consider dinner at Café Lyspunktet, XL Diner or Ano Restaurant
• Today, you will sail into Bergen. Here are some suggestions for how to spend the rest of the day:
• Ride the Fløibanen funicular (or hike the trail on foot) to the top of Mount Fløyen for the best views of the city
• Go for an evening stroll around Bergen in the evening for a peaceful experience of these Hanseatic buildings
• Dine out. We have a large list of recommendations for a night of indulgence.
• Meet up with a local resident for a private hike of Bergen based on your interests! Here are a few ideas that past travelers have enjoyed:
• Hike to Anker Cabin (4h): Head up to the mountainside known as “Sandviksbatteriet” with spectacular views over the city and arrive at a hidden cabin rich in World War II history
• Hike Mt. Sandviken (3h): Includes a visit to Stoltzekliven - consisting of 900 steps built by sherpas from Nepal
• Relaxed walk along Fjellveien (3h): A combination of a relaxing city walk and a stunning view from the hillside
• Walk down to Bergen harbor and board the Hardanger express to Rosendal
• Enjoy a scenic journey through the fjords surrounded by steep mountains (2h) Onboard, drinks and snacks are available for purchase
• At arrival, you will be picked up by your wonderful local hosts, Sjur and Laila, who will take you on your adventure to Bondhus Glacier
• Set off on a easy two-hour hike while looking for wild strawberries, blackcurrants and other seasonal berries on the way
• Continue through the Vetledalen valley and make a closer approach to the glacier itself. Breath in the fresh air and enjoy the view!
• After the hike and lunch, return to the pier and cruise back to Bergen
• Board the ferry to Balestrand. This fjord cruise takes you into the longest and deepest fjord in Norway!
• Check-in and relax before meeting charming locals for a cider tasting
• The Cider House in Balestrand is a family-run business situated in an organic orchard offering a 45-minute tasting including a flight of five ciders. (For guests under 18, the ciders are replaced by juices)
• The locals produce cider, sparkling cider, fruit wines and brandy, in addition to a range of juices
• Following the tour, continue exploring Balestrand on your own
• In addition to exploring the area's St. Olav's Church, local museums, and hiking trails, you can also rent bikes at the tourist office
Cycling suggestions include:
• Esefjordsvegen road: Visit an arboretum and a bathing place, located at a church from the 1800s
• Kvamsøy: an island with a great outdoor area, barbecue and bathing spot, as well as sculptures and a ballroom. The entire route offers excellent fjord views and is not too steep
For hiking options, we recommend the following:
• Ja - Steinen: Various marked walking trails start at the Belehalli sports hall. The short Kreklingen nature trail starts here.
• Raudmelen: Hike up 972m to the top of Mt Raudmelenover, overlooking Balestrand
• Walk down to the pier, board a ferry and cross the fjord to Flåm (1h30), connecting Flåmsbana Railway to the UNESCO world heritage Nærøyfjord
• We recommend sampling pastries at Flåm bakery and a visit to the fascinating Flåm railway museum
• In the afternoon take the Flåm Railway to Myrdal, one of the most beautiful and steepest rail journeys in the world!
• In Myrdal, change train towards Oslo
• On arrival, walk a short 10 minutes to your hotel
• Say farewell to Norway and head to the airport by local train
• We hope you had an excellent time and wish you a safe onward journey!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$3,870|