If the thought of grasping the steering wheel during a 7 day self-drive journey across stunningly beautiful & isolated islands of Norway makes your heart beat hasten, then you better listen up! Upon arrival in Andøya, deep inside the Arctic Circle, it won't be long until you realize you've unplugged from the modern world. Begin with a nature hike around Vesterålen and marvel at the midnight sun phenomenon as you explore the mesmerizing natural world around you. More than just a road trip, this remote paradise will offer plenty of opportunities to observe abundant wildlife, embark on a scenic rail journey, relax at Caribbean style beaches and kayak in the epitome of stillness until eventually arriving in Mefjord - the end of the world.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Norway...
• Pick up your rental car at the airport and drive to your charming hotel
• Upon arrival, sample delicious local food and go for a relaxing stroll by the sea
• Perhaps, do some bird watching or visit the local farm that produces cheese
• Drive to meet up with your local expert biologist for a nature hike around Vesterålen
• Andøya, a paradise for hikers also offers opportunities to observe falcons, eagles, hawks or even a moose (Hiking boots & warm clothes are a must)
• Return to your accommodation for a relaxing evening
• After a traditional Norwegian breakfast head for Narvik, known for stunning hikes and rich culture
• From May to the end of July it is also a great place to see the midnight sun!
• Visit the war museum to learn about the city and its important role in World War
• Ride the cable car up the local mountain for a great view over the city and fjord
• One hour drive from Narvik you can also find the Polar park, a sanctuary for bears, wolves and lynx. The animals are given a large area and the focus is always on animal welfare
• Embark on a scenic rail journey with Ofotbanen railway, Norway's hidden pearl. The trip from Narvik to Kiruna is a historical and beautiful experience
• Hit the road and drive towards Senja, Norway's second largest island situated above the arctic circle!
• The drive is incredible and the views demand plenty of stops along the way
• The mountains are steep and spectacular and great for hiking
• Relax before joining a midnight kayaking tour in the evening, while the sun is still shining!
• Explore the white sand beaches in Senja by boat and with a picnic included
• A Caribbean style beach surrounded by mountains is one of the best experiences in northern Norway
• Return to your
• Drive the incredible route to Mefjord. Feeling like you may have arrived at the end of the world is totally normal
• Stop by Ersfjord beach, a beautiful beach between the fjords
• If you like, hike up Skøyteset mountain or join a fishing trip with an experienced guide
• Go for a last stroll in Senja
• At the appropriate time, depart for the airport and board your onward flight
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$1,890|