The Lofoten Islands are a unique destination with awe-inspiring scenery: characteristic craggy peaks looking down upon white beaches and fishing villages. Add the spectacular fjords, midnight sun, whales, amazing seafood, and visit to the Vikings, and you have the ingredients for a memorable trip. Staying in cosy guest houses along the way, this will be a delightful holiday to reminisce about.
Our local agency recommends to visit in these months: May - AugustSee more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Norway...
• Arrival at airport Harstad or Evenes and pick up your rental car.
• Drive to your hostel in Nyksund, an authentic coastal fishing village.
• Enjoy a lazy evening on the terrace beneath the midnight sun.
The ocean delivers...
• Join a whale safari for the opportunity to see whales, birds and seals
• Gain knowledge about the marine wildlife of this area from your guide
• Relax for the evening in your beautiful guest house in Harstad - time to kick back and relax
• A short drive will take you to the medieval town of Kabelvåg.
• Visit the Cod- Skrei Experience Centre allows you to get close to nature, culture and history
• The center combines the Lofoten museum, the Lofoten aquarium and Gallery Espolin
• In Svolvær you will board a 3-hour cruise to Trollfjord - an incredible sightseeing opportunity with jaw-dropping landscapes
• Spot an eagle, take some extraordinary photos and catch some cod yourself
• Enjoy dinner at the famous local restaurant where you will be served fresh fish
A trip back in time...to the age of Vikings!
• Drive through the scenic roads to explore more of the Lofoten
• Travel a thousand years back in time and feel Viking history. Get in-depth knowledge and all your questions answered about the mythos and legends of this renowned civilization
• Continue to Svolvær at your authentic fishermen's cabin
• Wake up and soak in the beauty of the fjord and steep mountain peaks
• All aboard the localferry for an exploration of the Reine fjord. You can never see too many fjords!
• Take a guided kayak tour through the fjord and hike over to the beach to catch some rays!
Farewell Norway, thank you for the sights!
• Your Lofoten adventure has come to an end and great memories have been made
• Drive back to the airport of Evenes, diversify your route for more scenic views
• Thank you for visiting Norway, we hope to see you again - ha det!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|March 2020 to November 2020||$1,320|