Every year the destination attracts a large number of tourists. It's quite popular with British tourists too. Have you also dreamed of a complete change of scenery, of sunshine without going to the other side of the world? A trip to Morocco is absolutely ideal then. Are you ready to go? You haven't forgotten anything? Check your suitcase one last time.
It's hot in Morocco, so take light clothes. Also take clothes for cooler evenings in some cities during certain seasons and especially some clothes which cover your arms and legs to be able to visit the religious places. Have you remembered a hat, sunglasses and suncream? That's good, the sun beats down on you, especially in the south close to the desert. In the worst case, don't panic, you'll always find everything you may have forgotten there to buy.
In your first aid kit, take whatever you need to look after little cuts and bumps. Something to relieve sunstroke or digestive trouble is also quite useful for tourists.
To withdraw money a currency card can be useful. You can use them at cash machines in every city. It's always quicker and less hassle than taking travellers cheques. Also make a copy of your passport in case you lose the original.
Morocco is an incredibly photogenic place. To leave with enough memories, take a camera for photos and videos, and memory cards. Morocco is also, and particularly, the place of dozens and dozens of extraordinary meetings.
If you're planning to drive there, you'll need to have your national driving license. Don't forget it or the only thing you can drive will be a camel.
It's impossible to visit this country without adopting its attitude of openness and its desire for discovery. Finish off your suitcases, you're going to love Morocco.
What to put in your suitcase
- An unbreakable attitude of openness to get over the cultural shock
- Good walking shoes for your walks and eventual treks
- A mosquito repellant
- Sun cream to protect yourself, or after sun for relief
- Your national driving license to drive once you get there
- A camera for videos or photos to take home beautiful memories
- A torch for light during power cuts
- A currency card to make withdrawals
- A photocopy of your passport in case you lose it
- A first aid kit to treat the classic injuries
- Longer clothes to visit religious places
- Warmer clothes for cooler evenings
- Light clothes to withstand the heat