Discover the untouched natural wonders of Corsica: fascinating rocky landscapes crossed by rushing torrents, picturesque creeks and crystal clear natural pools. This 8 day active, self-drive adventure offers outdoor enthusiasts easy to moderate hikes in a mild Mediterranean climate. In addition to stunning scenery, this lovely getaway is full of cultural treasures and taste bud tingling indulgences one might expect from a journey across France! Bon voyage!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Pick up your rental car at the airport and hit the road!
• Stop at the pretty village of Petreto-Bicchisano at the foot of San Petru mountain
• Continue to Aullène, a shepherd village on the bank of the river Chiuvonu
• Arrive at your guesthouse in Serra-di-Scopamène
The most Corsican of all Corsican cities...
• Sartène offers a stunning panoramic view from the Gulf of Valinco to the massif of the Aiguilles de Bavella
• Take a stroll through the picturesque narrow alleys and make a stop in one of the many shops offering a taste of local delicacies
• Visit “A Casa di Roccapina”, the city’s most interesting museum, offering exhibitions, shows and interactive activities (Audio-guides in English and other languages available)
• Today, you'll hike through fascinating mountain landscapes in Corsica
• Cross the Col de Bavella mountain pass and marvel at craggy peaks, mighty cliffs and wind-bent pine trees
• Reach the “Trou de la Bombe”, an 8 meter hole in the ridge of the Paliri Mountains offering a great view of the massif and western slope
• Drive through Col de Bavella mountain pass, and then down to the Eastern Coast via the Solenzara Valley
• Reach the Etang d’Urbino lagoon just in time for lunch. We recommend a delicious fish and seafood restaurant La Ferme d’Urbino
• From here, it's not far to Cervione, a quaint Corsican village perched on the mountain
• To learn more about Corsican culture and traditions, stop at the Adecec Ethnology museum
• Follow the path of former custom officers on the “sentier des douanier” hike which will lead you past Santa Maria tower and the impressive rocks overhanging the blue sea
• This is a relaxing and easy walk for those who want to soak up the sun and enjoy a pure sea breeze!
• Take a stroll through the historic city of Bastia and immerse yourself in the easy-going Mediterranean ambiance
• Enjoy the cheerful atmosphere of a lively Corsican market. The stalls offer plenty of traditionally produced goods
• The Musée de Bastia offers an entertaining and informative journey through the history of the city
• Your mountain guide will take you to a unique glacial valley along an ancient path
• Reach a magical spot ideal for a break and a refreshing dip!
• Continue to the Col de Vizzavona pass via the famous GR20 path
• On the way, learn about the flora and fauna and the cultural heritage of the region
• Visit one of Ajaccio’s highlights - the Domaine des Milelli, a property surrounded by a twelve-hectare, 100 years old olive grove
• It's hardly surprising that Napoleon Bonaparte chose this idyllic setting for his country house!
• In the evening, you'll drop off you rental car at Ajaccio airport
• Hop aboard your onward flight and have a safe and pleasant journey!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.