Costa Rica, known as the world's happiest country, provides an endless supply of trip ideas whether you've got weeks to spare or just a handful of days. For an exceptionally fun, 5 day active getaway, we propose touching down in Liberia and heading straight for Monteverde, one of the country's most popular eco-tourism destinations. Choose from a wide variety of activities including: horseback riding, hiking, zip-line excursions, canopy walks, and canyoning. After you've satisfied your thirst for adrenaline, discover the ways of sabaneros of Guanacasta, the famous cowboys of Costa Rice. Next, head for the coast to Tamarindo and do as much or as little as you like. Again, you'll be spoiled for choice.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Arrival at Liberia International Airport in Guanacaste
• Hop in a shared transport towards Monteverde (3h30) (departures at 9:30am & 3:15pm)
• Pass through Tilarán, Santa Elena, Quebrada Grande and Cabaceras, before arriving in the cloud forest
Choose from a variety of optional activities...
• Go for a hike in the reserves of Monteverde and Santa Elena
• Set off on a zip-line excursion & canopy walk over bridges suspended on wires
• Discover the jewels of the rainforest at Selvatura Park
• Visit La Lechería, a cheese factory created in 1953 by Quakers from the United States
• Horse-back riding and canyoning are other great options
• Group transfer to the Guanacaste province, the land of the proud and colorful Sabaneros cowboys (3h30)
• On the way, cross the beautiful Gulf of Nicoya
• Check into your hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure
Spoiled for choice...
• Take a day to enjoy Tamarindo at your own pace. Here are our suggestions:
• Discover the Rincon de la Vieja National Park or the Santa Rosa National Park
• Explore the typical villages of Guanacaste or do some birdwatching in Palo Verde Park
• Observe the nesting green turtles (Nov - Jan)
• Kayak in the mangroves, or embark on a catamaran tour
• Hike to the hot springs near Miravalles Volcano
• Set off on a cave excursion in Nicaragua, with a visit to a local market in colonial city of Granada
• Go horse-back riding, fishing or surfing
• Or, visit a great local 18 hole golf course
We hope you've enjoyed your trip...
• Take a private transfer from Tamarindo Diria Resort to Liberia International airport
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$920|