Walk the last stretch of the Portuguese Coastal Camino or Caminho da Costa! Walk over 7 days to Santiago de Compostela. This is a superb Camino route, ideal for the Summer months. Start in the elegant seaside town of Baiona, in the heart of the Rías Baixas, famous for its Albariño white wine and delicious shellfish. Visit Monte Real castle, stroll along the seafront and go for a swim in the ocean before starting your journey. From Baiona, you will follow the coast trail to Vigo, enjoying views of the magnificent Cíes Islands. The Portuguese Coastal Camino joins the classic Camino Portugues in the town of Redondela where you will start meeting fellow pilgrims. Continue your journey passing many small villages and towns such as Pontesampaio, wonderful Pontevedra, the spa town of Caldas de Reis and Padrón, home of the famous peppers.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Start you journey...
• Arrive in the seaside town of Baiona.
• Start exploring this elegant town, before your journey begins!
A beautiful, coastal hike!
• Follow the coast from Baiona to Nigra, and finally to the city of Vigo.
• Enjoy the views of the Bay with the magnificent Illas Cíes, and the Natural Park in the horizon!
• Stop at the blue flag beach Praia América in Nigrán for a quick swim to cool off! .
A more relaxing day of hiking
• Continue along the coastal Camino, after leaving Vigo.
• Today is quite a short day so you can enjoy a more relaxed pace.
• Stop for the night in Redondela, where you will join the original Portuguese Camino.
Enjoy the gorgeous local specialties...
• Enjoy the last day along the coast during a quite short day of walking.
• Why not stop to try the famous oysters in the fishing village of Arcade?
• Your final point is the city of Pontevedra, with its gorgeous, historical center!
• Enjoy some time to explore the old town, the Romanesque Churches and the granite squares.
Beautiful scenery all the way!
• Follow the Camino through the chestnut groves, pines and eucalyptus woods!
• In the village of Ponte Cabras you will see the rectory of Santa María de Alba.
• At Lombo da Maceira, a statue of Saint James with his walking stick will show you the way!
• You will also pass the hamlet of Tivo with its lovely fountain and public washing bath.
An incredible climb through the forest
• From Caldas de Reis, cross the river Umia and find the hot springs the city is named after.
• Walk through the forest, and climb gradually to the village of Santa Mariña.
• Continue on the Camino through pine forests to today’s destination: the town of Padrón.
• When the body of Saint James was brought to Compostela, Padrón is said to be the place it reached.
Final stop of the journey
• Take some time to explore this vibrant, small gem of a city!
• Its UNESCO listed old town will enchant you...
• You will not only find Pilgrims, but also locals and students enjoying a bite and some wine!
• Why not visit one of the many bars, restaurants and cozy cafes?
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person||$700|