Spain is one of the top destinations in the world for Gastronomy, and this statement is fully supported by its multiple Michelin-starred restaurants and chefs with world wide recognition! On this tour, we offer you the chance to enjoy the exquisite cuisine, taste the finest local products and learn about the production process. The tour starts in the Basque Country which is said to be the area in Spain that has the best cuisine. Continue to La Rioja, the most important wine region in Spain! Move on to Aragon, and visit a Spanish ham curing house. To conclude the tour, we will offer you the chance to take a cooking lesson with one of the best chefs in Aragon. These culinary experiences will be combined with visits of historical, cultural and natural interest, and stays in carefully selected hotels.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Ready to start this tasty trip?
• Upon arrival you will be transferred to the hotel for check-in.
• Why not start exploring the city on your own afterwards?
• Start the morning with a delicious breakfast, before beginning a walking tour of the city.
• Explore the gorgeous streets and sights, ending with a true gem: the Guggenheim Art Museum!
• Enjoy a lunch at a Michelin-star restaurant, and continue to exploring the city on your own.
• In the evening, have a true local experience on a Pinxtos tour!
• Pintxos is the local word for “tapas”: you will be able to try an assortment of these little delicacies!
The catch of the day...
• Pick up your rental car after breakfast, and hit the road to San Sebastian!
• Stop at a local winery in Getaria to sample Txakoli: a white wine made with grapes grown where mountains merge with the sea.
• Stop for lunch at a local fishing village, and have some of the freshest fish of Spain.
• We suggest the Elkano restaurant a Michelin-starred restaurant!
• Upon arrival, enjoy some time at leisure: why not stroll in the sunset on La Concha Beach?
... and your own skills as a chef!
• Start today with on a tour of La Bretxa Market and cooking workshop with a professional chef!
• Of course, for lunch you will taste your own creation...
• Join a guide for a private tour of the old city, and see the incredible sights.
• Aware of that you are in one of the cities with the highest number of Michelin Star restaurants?
• If you want try one of the 3-star Michelin restaurant, this can be arranged!
• Take a morning drive to La Rioja Wine Region, producer of the most renowned Spanish wine!
• Our guide will take you for a walk through large areas of vineyards...
• ... to visit some of the most emblematic wineries, and of course, do some wine tasting!
• Visit the medieval village of Laguardia and have lunch in a traditional grill house there.
• For dinner we recommend that you visit Laurel Street in Logroño, a street full of tapas bars!
Drive to Logroño: 20km
On the menu today:
• Hit the road to Albarracin: considered the most beautiful village in Spain!
• Make a stop en-route to discover the production process of a popular Spanish food: cured ham.
• Visit one of the ham curing houses in Teruel, the oldest Spanish cured ham Protected Designation of Origin by the EU.
• Lunch in a traditional restaurant where you will taste the traditional Aragonese lamb.
• In the afternoon, enjoy a guided tour of the village of Albarracin!
• Today, head towards Cuenca: On the way, you will stop to explore The Enchanted City!
• The city is characterized by the rocky formations, sculpted ice, wind and water.
• Check-in in Cuencu, then lunch in a restaurant to taste the most traditional recipes of Spain!
• Guided city tour in the afternoon: as a home to exceptional architecture, the city is a UNESCO heritage!
• The cathedral, Casas Colgadas (Hanging Houses) and cobbled streets are just few sights!
Are you full yet?
• After breakfast, depart for Madrid airport to return your rental car.
• Catch you flight onto your next adventure!
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and wish you a safe flight.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|
|Price per person in double room hotel||$2,760||$2,030||$1,860|