6 reasons to travel to Laos
Wedged between the tourism giants of Thailand and Vietnam, Laos is an unspoiled destination to be discovered without delay. A trip to Laos is the opportunity to discover another Asia, one that is more typical and far removed from the swarms of tourists.
Get away from the traditional tourist circuits of Southeast Asia
Encounter an incredibly hospitable population
See the pink dolphins of the Irrawady
Visit the historical city of Luang Prabang
Navigate on the Mekong River
Explore the amazing scenery in the north of the country
Is this the destination for you?
If you looking for an 'authentic' Asia, as far away as possible from mass tourism, then take a trip to Laos
. On the other hand, if you don't mind crowds and can't even think of visiting Asia without heading to its beaches, then choose another destination.
You should go if
- You're after an 'authentic' Asia and are ready for a cultural shock
- You want to get off the beaten track and tourist trails
- You've always dreamt of cruising down the Mekong.
- You want to tour the museum town of Luang Prabang
- You want to watch the river dolphins at Irawady
- You'd love to meet Asia's most welcoming people
You shouldn't go if
- You aren't interested in an Asian destination that isn't littered with idyllic beaches.
- You love the buzz of sprawling megalopolises such as Bangkok.
- You've only got a few days to spare
- You aren't adventurous and prefer following well-trod tourist trails.