Discover the culture and wonderful nature of Bhutan during 9 days! Hike in the gorgeous nature scene, visit important spiritual places and temples, experience the local gastronomy and understand the importance of the Yak, both in cooking and for textiles. On this trip you will be able to visit the famous Tiger's Nest, see the gorgeous Himalayas, and visit the massive Centenary Farmer’s Market to only mention a few things. Welcome to incredible Bhutan!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
See the legendary Mount Everest during your flight!
• Upon arrival, a representative will meet you.• Drive to Thimphu after lunch, and make stops on the way to enjoy the beautiful scenery!
• Visit the centenary Farmer’s Market: a two story market with about 400 stalls!
• Stroll around among the local produce: we recommend going between Thu-Sun!
• See the Trashichhodzong in the evening, and try local gastronomy for dinner at a local restaurant!Overnight stay at hotel in Thimphu.
And a panoramic view of the Himalayas!
• Head to Punakha after breakfast, and see the Bhutan Himalayas on the way!
• Stop for a hike in the in the picturesque valley to the temple Chimi Lhakhang.
• See the monastery Punakha Dzong, then go white water rafting on the Mo Chu River!
Overnight stay at hotel in Punakha.
Take a scenic drive across waterfalls!• Stop at he village of and Gangtey followed by Gangtey Gompa!
• Visit Gangtey monastery and hike to the glacial valley of Phobjikha (10440ft).•This is valley is also the nesting place of the rare Black Necked Crane in winter!
• Try Bhutanese cuisine at a home visit: Why not try some Yak?
• You can even learn some of the dishes presented!Overnight at home stay in Gangtey.
And start the morning on a beautiful road!
• You will drive through the magnificent Pelela Pass.
• Visit the Tongsa Dzong, another historical and architectural masterpiece!
• Pay a visit to the Ta Dzong, the old watchtower remade into a museum.
• It has over 244 items from the Wangchuch Dynasty!
Overnight stay in Hotel at Trongsa.
The cultural gem of Bhutan
• Drive to Bumthang, and make a stop at Chumey valley, known for the yak hair textiles Yathra!
• Enjoy a delicious lunch, then discover the Jakar Dzong: the fortress of the white bird!
• Discover at the incredible Wangdichholing palace before return to the hotel.
Overnight stay in hotel at Bumthang.
• Head to Jambay Lhakhang after breakfast
• Hike next to the temple Kurje Lhakhang
• Here is where the Indian Saint Guru Padsambhava subdued a demon...
• Try local specialties at a local framers house!
• Visit the beautiful Tamshing Lhakhang Monastery after lunch.Overnight stay in Hotel at Bumthang
Come fly with me...
• See the national museum, the watchtower or the Ta Dzong.
• Join the Zuri hike after the museums: it is about one hour in beautiful nature!
• Make a stop at the Hotel Uma, and chat with the locals.
• End with seeing one of the oldest temples built by the first Buddhist king of Tibet!
Overnight stay at Hotel in Paro.
• Head to the starting point after breakfast for a hike to Takshang Monastery, The Tiger's Nest!
• Many great Buddhist masters have visited and mediated here.
• The monastic complex clings to the rock towering 800 meters above the valley!
• Enjoy a hot stone bath after the trek: the local herbs works wonders for tired legs.
• End the evening with a visit a local home for dinner!
Overnight stay at Hotel in Paro.
• Head to the airport in time for your flight.
• We hope you leave with great memories of beautiful Bhutan!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per Person||$1,700|