This itinerary covers : Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai, Khao Lak, Similan Islands and Phuket.
Experience Thailand from North to South: a beautiful journey through different parts of the Kingdom. From Bangkok, the cosmopolitan capital and its monuments, to the Rose of the North, the city of Chiang Mai with its mountainous landscapes as well as its resident ethnic minorities, this itinerary will allow you to discover and explore the best Thailand has to offer, before capping off your amazing holiday relaxing on the white powdery beaches and swimming in the crystal clear waters of Khao Lak in the South.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Arrival in Bangkok.
• Enjoy a VIP welcome upon arrival at the airport where our staff will be waiting for you with a personalized signboard and assist you to fast track immigration.
• Meet and Greet by an English-speaking guide who will then lead you to a vehicle for a transfer to your hotel.
• Enjoy a well-deserved rest after the long flight.
• Morning : Kick start your journey of Thailand from North to South, by immersing yourself in the daily lives of Bangkokians and commute by BTS, the Bangkok's sky train to the pier of the Chao Phraya River’s shuttle boat services.
• Embark on a shuttle boat to the Grand Palace where you will take part in a guided tour of the splendid Wat Phra Kaew, a royal temple in the palace’s compound that houses the sacred Emerald Buddha, and of Wat Pho where an impressive 45-metre gold plated reclining buddha image lies.
• Afternoon : Head for the district of Thonburi for a fun long-tail boat ride on the khlongs (canals), which makes Bangkok "Venice of Asia". You will continue with a visit to the "Temple of Dawn” or Wat Arun, one of the most beautiful Buddhist temples in the capital. Located just by the Chao Phraya River, it has unique architecture with Hindu influences and adorned by million pieces of porcelain.
• Morning : Today, leave for the amazing market of Mae Khlong, also called "market on the rails", located about 1h30 from the center of Bangkok. At this market, the vendors set up their stalls on the railway track nearby the station and each time a train is about to pass through, they will quickly dismantle their stalls before setting them up again once the train has passed!
• Afternoon : Continue your drive to Kanchanaburi, a city located in a steep region of lush nature near the Thailand-Myanmar border. You will climb aboard a train on the notorious Death Railway. The journey will take you through scenic rural landscapes, crossing the famous Bridge on the River Kwai - all thanks to the film of the same name released in 1957.
• Evening: Check in at the Float-house hotel Kanchanaburi.
• Morning: Visit the Erawan National Park and its main attraction, a seven-tier waterfall that flows into the Kwai Yai River. You may want to wear your swimsuit underneath for this! The trail will allow you to access to green pools of the waterfall on each separate tier, covering a distance of around 1.5 k.m. You will thoroughly enjoy the beauty of these natural pools with turquoise water in the heart of a tropical jungle.
• Continue your drive to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam, to visit one of the most precious archeological sites of the Kingdom. Ayutthaya is located about 100 kilometers north of Bangkok and part of its Historical Park was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Afternoon: Explore the ruins of what once was the grand capital of the Siamese Kingdom (that is now Thailand) and the main historical sites such as Wat Phra Si Sanphet, a royal temple built in the 15th century, and Wat Lokaya Sutharam which houses a 42-meter reclining Buddha image.
• Evening: By early evening, you will arrive at the train station to board a sleeper train for an overnight ride to Chiang Mai. Arrival in Chiang Mai the following morning.
Accommodation : Overnight in the train
• The second half of your trip begins in the North of Thailand!
• Morning: Early morning arrival at Chiang Mai Train Station.
• Your driver will take you to your hotel where you will enjoy a refreshment and a good breakfast.
• After breakfast, visit two of the main temples of Chiang Mai, Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra Sing, which represent classic Lanna style architecture. Lanna was the old kingdom of which Chiang Mai was the capital.
• You will then go to Mount Doi Suthep, a 1000-meter-high pilgrimage site revered by Thais and frequented by Buddhists from all over the world.
• Free lunch.
• Afternoon: Depart for Sankhamphaeng, a village well-known for traditional handicrafts of Northern Thailand, such as parasols, silver jewelry, lacquerware and of course, the world-famous silk.
• Return to Chiang Mai at the end of the afternoon. Free time to visit the Night Bazaar with its many food stalls and souvenir shops.
• Morning : Departure from the hotel for an all-terrain truck ride to the village of Muang Kued.
• Upon arrival, meet the majestic animal of Thailand, the elephants! You can feed them, observe them and spend time with this affectionate animal in the middle of the jungle. Their mahouts will also teach you more about how to care for them before you enjoy a swim with them in the river!
• Lunch will be served in the village with the locals.
• Afternoon : After lunch, depart by truck to the starting point of your hike of one hour which leads to a superb waterfall. You will then walk back to the village.
• The afternoon ends with a bamboo rafting on the Mae Tang River before returning to Chiang Mai.
• Morning : Depart for the house of the Mae Janfong family. You will discover the local way of life : their house, all in teak, their kitchen, and their vegetable garden. The family only speaks the Northern dialect, so your guide will be there to serve as your interpreter.
• Enjoy preparing your lunch from scratch! Starting from picking from fresh ingredients from the garden - green peppers, ginger, galangal, basil and more. The hostess will guide you on how to cook the dish. Bon appetite!
• Afternoon : Return to Chiang Mai.
• Morning : Departure from the North to the South of Thailand where heavenly beaches of Khao Lak await.
• You will fly from Chiang Mai to Phuket Airport (extra charge).
• Upon arrival in Phuket, transfer to Khao Lak, a beautiful seaside resort of the Andaman Sea with its splendid white sandy beaches.
• Your southern beach holiday begins here!
• Morning : Early morning departure for a private port to board a speed boat for a day in the Similan archipelago.
• First stop, Donald Duck Bay to enjoy the powdery white sand and clear waters. Masks and snorkels will be provided for you to admire the beautiful coral reefs. Possibility of a short hike with the guide.
• Return to the speed boat to find a quiet spot where few boats stop. The day then continues with a delicious lunch of local specialties on a paradise beach and time to relax, enjoy a swim, or a small brew!
• Back to Khao Lak.
Enjoy spending two blissful days on Khao Lak’s beautiful beaches with cocktails, a good traditional Thai massage or a boat ride to the nearby islands.
Your Thailand from North to South programme ends here but the memorable experience will stay with you forever!
Your driver will take you to Phuket airport for your return flight (flight as booked by you).
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.