7 reasons to travel to Montenegro
A far cry from the images we may have of the 'Bloody Balkans', Montenegro remains the pearl of the Adriatic. It's both environmentally and culturally fascinating. A trip to Montenegro will introduce you to a small country that boasts an incredible diversity, packed with activities suited to visitors from all walks of life. Here are 7 reasons why you should choose Montenegro for your next holiday.
A complete change of scenery that's close to home
An authentic destination, free from mass tourism
Enjoy some wonderful company
A rich, diverse landscape with something for everyone
A religious melting pot that's culturally and architecturally diverse
Tickle your tastebuds
The Balkan's star attraction
Is this the destination for you?
So you like being able to get around easily without spending hours on motorways, and seeing both coastal and mountainous scenery? A trip to Montenegro is just the thing for you, then
You should go if
- Do you want to enjoy both a Mediterranean climate at the coast and an Alpine climate in the Montenegrin Alps?
- Do you like getting around easily and quickly? Montenegro could fit into the UK many times over!
- If you like fjords, those in Kotor Bay are listed as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Do you enjoy visiting little seaside villages?
- Do you enjoy walking along rivers and beside Alpine lakes?
- Do you like birdwatching? Lake Skadar is home to one of the largest avian reserves in Europe.
- If you like religious Orthodox art, there are numerous monasteries and churches just waiting for you to visit.
You shouldn't go if
- Although if you're scared of large insects, be aware they're everywhere, particularly in marshy areas.
- If you enjoy city tourism, you won't get that much out of the Montenegrin towns.
- If you're terrified by mountain roads, the ones here are vertigo-inducing and strewn with chicken nests!
- Do you like refined, light cuisine?
- Do you enjoy the lively ambiance of very touristy seaside resorts?