Explore the stunning Chilean scenery and an endless variety of outdoor activities at your own pace with our carefully prepared 7 day, self-drive road trip! Ideal for those who prefer the 'non-plan' plan mixed with wind in their hair and a shot of adventure, all you have to do is grab the keys to the rental upon arrival and enjoy the ride (Some of it may be bumpy as not all the roads are paved). Our local agency is happy to to guide you to the most treasured hidden gems in the region. This is however not a sit-down trip: Be prepared to hike, swim, kayak, off-road and horse-back ride to some of them!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Time to hit the road!
• On arrival at Balmaceda Airport, pick up your car at the rent-a-car counter
• Begin your journey north on the Carretera Austral, visiting various interesting sights!
• Visit Coyhaique, the capital of the Aysen Region
• Arrive in the Puyuhuapi area and check-in to your hotel (3h30)
Optional activity: Horseback riding near Coyhaique
Time for some glacier exploring!• Continue on the Carretera Austral North to La Junta• Visit the Queulat National Park and explore the Queulat Hanging Glacier• Explore the natural attractions of La Junta
• Day trip to Raul Marin Balmaceda Village (6h round trip, ferry crossing required)
• Enjoy the stunning scenery and natural beauty of the region
Marvel at the natural scenery...
• Head South on the Carretera Austral towards Puerto Guadal (5h)
• Take a "Navegacién Capillas de Marmol” boat excursion near Puerto Tranquilo and marvel at beautiful cave formations
• Hike up to Exploradores Valley Viewpoint for stunning panoramas of Lake Bayo, glaciers and waterfalls
Take a hike!
• Continue South to the town of Tortel (5h)
• Sample local cuisine in Cochrane
• Visit Tamango National Reserve near Cochrane for great walking paths
• Overnight in Caleta Tortel
• Return to the Puerto Bertrand / Baker River area (5h)
• In Tortel, take a boat trip on the Baker River, and visit 'Isla de los Muertos' (Isle of the Dead)
• Head to Patagonia Park and lunch in the Restaurant del Valle Chacabuco Lodge
• Green Baker Lodge offers several options of activities — canopy ride over the Baker River, rafting, kayaking, hiking and horse-riding
Where will it take you?
• Travel north to Balmaceda Airport for departure (6h)
• Return the car and enjoy your trip, wherever you are heading to!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person||$2,250|