Discover why the Mexican Cuisine is one of the most famous and popular in the world during this Unique Food Experience! On this tour, you will have the opportunity to hand make tortillas, buy locally produced ingredients at the market, try the rare honey of the Melipona Bees, while discovering the ancient history of the Mayas and the colorful, current culture of Mexico. Ready to explore the culinary masterpieces of Yucatan?See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Mexico!
• A driver will bring you from the airport to the hotel, where you will check-in.
• Take some time to unpack, and start to explore the city of Valladolid!
• Discover the gorgeous pastel houses, and why not enjoy an ice cream? .
One of the 7 wonders of the world...
• Explore Chichen Itza with influences from both the Maya and the Toltecs alongside your local guide!
• Continue to Izamal, the yellow town! Enjoy the gorgeous houses all colored in, you guessed it, a bright yellow.
• Here, you will discover the continent’s largest cloister!
• End the day in Tixkokob where you will spend the night.
Uncover the Capital of the Yucatán region: Mérida
• Start the morning by heading to Mérida!
• Cook traditional plant-based, Mayan cuisine for lunch: why not join our local guide Erin to the market, and pick out the ingredients yourself?
• After your class, spend your evening at leisure wandering the colorful streets of Mérida.
Learn the Local Cuisine from a Mexican Family
• A member of a Mexican family will greet you and take you to the market to purchase all products needed for your cooking class.
• Discover the home of the local family, where you will prepare the food: time to prepare the Tortillas from scratch!
• Take the chance and visit the honey production! See and taste the very rare honey of the Melipona Maya bees.
• Time to say goodbye to the family for a return to Merida in the late afternoon.
Disclaimer: The clothes provided are not a 100% protective from bee stings. Therefore, travelers with bee allergies will not be able to participate.
Option included : English speaking guide.
Natural Pools of Fresh and Crystalline Water..
• Make the first stop at the Mayan market, and explore all the colorful fruits and produce available.
• Continue to the gorgeous Cenotes, where you can take a refreshing swim in the crystalline water!
• Have lunch at Doña Ana’s house, who is a Mayan indigenous woman, and learn the art of making handmade tortillas.
• Discover the city of Uxmal: One of the best preserved sites on the peninsula!
• See The Great Pyramid, House of the Turtles, a vast ballgame court and the Governor's Palace!
Option included : English speaking local guide in cenotes and Uxmal (meeting at 09:00 am in the hotel’s lobby).
• Discover the only Hacienda in Mexico, still producing Sisal and Henequen!
• Learn about the production and the plant, the fibers of which was once used for making rope and baskets.
• See the fields on a tour by horse and carriage!
• End the day with a swim in the Cenote located on the Hacienda's property: don't forget your towel and swimsuit!
Option included : Entrance fees to Sotuta de peon and Lunch in Sotuta de Peon.
Experience the unique nature, history, and culture with our local guide!
• Stop at the archeological site of Tulum, a World Heritage Site located on a cliff edge facing the Caribbean Sea!
• Take a refreshing dive in the gorgeous Cenote.
• Learn about unique Mayan traditions, beliefs, and the art of native beekeeping!
• Indulge in some of the best tacos on the coast of Quintana Roo in the afternoon: and why not enjoy some mojitos and ice cream while you are at it?
Option included : Local English-speaking guide and Lunch (no drinks).
All you need for the perfect beach day!
• This day is all about what you feel like: spend the day shopping, on the beach or enjoy the local seafood cuisine!
• If you did not have time earlier, take the opportunity to visit the World Heritage archeological site, north of the main beach!
• Visit the location of the only known ancient harbor built in 1200, which disappeared at the end of the sixteenth century.
Disclaimer: Transport is not included on this day.
• A private transfer will bring you to the airport in time for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and wish you a safe trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|
|Price per person in double room||$2,060||$1,560||$1,380|