Luang Prabang registered as a UNESCO World Heritage site since December 1995 remains a unique place to get a nice blink over the Laotian culture between history, local rural daily life and the way to face the current world.
This 7 days program will be the perfect circuit with a mixture of cultural, natural and sporty components. Go by e-tuk-tuk the UNESCO listed town of Luang Prabang. Be involved in the local beliefs and learn more about their importance amongst Laotians, bike in the countryside of the country, visit an elephant center and make your own rice noodle and Lao dinner as well!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Upon arrival, you will be met by our guide and transfer by mountain bike to a local restaurant for lunch!
• Later, a traditional Baci ceremony will be held for you in a local family home: it is a traditional celebration and will give you an insight into the local culture. Here, we will also experience traditional Lao dance and performance!
• Begin your day to explore the historic town of Luang Prabang by E-tuk tuk! On this tour, you will see the national museum, the Vat Mai, Hean Chan Heritage House, and the stunning Vat Xieng Thong!
• Afternoon, switch to a minivan and you will head into the outskirts of Luang Prabang to learn more about the Hmong community in Laos.
• As the day comes to the end, join a stunning sunsets private cruise to celebrate another day’s colorful finale. Enjoy the Mekong’s breath-taking landscape and stunning scenery.
• Dinner tonight will be served at a restaurant on the main street. This great address closed to the night market will provide you some fresh food to enjoy a nice Lao meal.
• We depart from the hotel and head off downhill with mountain bikes to the dock. Here we board a boat in order to cross the mighty Mekong River to Ban Xieng Mene village.
• Upon arrival we continue onwards via bike to Ban Na Kham, this village is famous for its sugarcane growing and also its ‘Kaolam’ which is sticky rice and coconut milk cooked in bamboo!
• After enjoying our lunch and taking some time to relax we head off to explore the village and its surroundings, you will see people going about their daily lives and working in the rice fields.
•The final leg of the journey (depending on how energetic you are feeling) is a short bike ride or push up the hill which brings us back to where we started at your hotel and concludes the day.
• Back to your hotel for freshening up before going to the town to enjoy a unique experience at Garavek English Storytelling Theater.
• Today we'll visit an elephant conservation center to learn about these beautiful animals.
• Today, wake up early and travel like locals by tuk-tuk to the peninsula to witness the alms giving ceremony, where long lines of monks and novices stroll along the street of the town center to collect their daily food subsistence from the worshipers. This ancient ritual is locally known as “Tak Bat”.
• After, will make stops to visit ethnic minority villages for a blink into the Lao rural daily life and get a chance to interact with the locals.
• By dinner time, we will join Linda for a cooking class session at her cooking school.After having spent several years to assist and learn cooking with a Chief who worked in Germany, Hungary, Thailand, Linda has decided to start her own adventure to share her passion for the Lao cuisine, its fresh ingredients, and tasty spices.
• Today, you will spend a full day private cruise along the Mekong: relax in the comforts of Bounmi’s all-inclusive hospitality!
• Transfer from the hotel to the airport!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$2,030|