This is the perfect tour for nature lovers and active families – nature trails, swimming pools, waterfalls and beaches. Stroll along the cobblestone streets of Antigua, climb the active volcano of Pacaya, and enjoy a boat ride on the stunning Lake Atitlan. Discover Chichicastenango Market, swim in the turquoise waters of Semuc Champey, and explore Old Mayan Cities. You’ll love Guatemala!
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Your holiday begins...
• Our driver will welcome you at the airport
and drive you to the colonial town of Antigua
• Explore at your own pace and shop for souvenirs
and local crafts
• Spend the night in your lovely hotel, and dine in
fine restaurants at the hotel, or close by
A day of exploration...
• After breakfast, meet your guide and discover one
of the world’s best conserved colonial cities
• Visit the churches and key buildings which date
back to colonial times
• Go to the market in a Tuc-Tuc to see the
local life and produce
Recently erupting volcano...
• After breakfast, be ready to hike-up the active
volcano of Pacaya
• Pacaya reaches a height 8373 feet and is active
• Recent eruptions were in 2006 - and one which
covered the capital city in ashes in 2010
Maya Holy Book - Popol Vuh...
• Today you'll be at Chichicastenango entrance gate
to visit the Maya Quiche Region
• Discover the most famous market in Guatemala
and visit Santo Tomas church
• Hike up from a traditional mask factory to the
Pascual Abaj ceremonial centre
A day of diversity...
• Today your guide will take you by boat to the
Southern side of Lake Atitlan
• After kayaking, hike up “the elephant-shaped
mountain of the Cerro de Oro
• Meet a local deity Maximon, a syncretism of
Mayan and Christian beliefs
Tiny site, great significance...
• Discover Iximche, a tiny Mayan Site that is hugely
significant to Central America
• Iximche was declared a national monument, and
offers real Mayan ceremonies
• Transfer to a very green area called Verapaces: a
delight for the adventurers and nature lovers
Choose between two activities...
• A two-hour hike to a lovely waterfall inside the
Ram Tzul Park, or...
• Observe the Quetzal - a shy trogon bird and
the national bird of Guatemala
• Transfer to Lanquin for a pickup to your rustic
eco-lodge right next to Semuc Champey
Cliffs, limestone, and stunning views...
• Enjoy Semuc Champey with a hike up the cliffs to
look at the beautiful limestone far below
• Walk along the river and observe the water as it
rushes to the cliff floor
• Admire the incredible turquoise standing out
from the surrounding green jungle
An interconnection of caves...
• Explore the fantastic limestone caves of
Candelarias, seven separate caves interconnected
• Sacred for the Q’eqchi Mayans, the caves were the
gates to the underworld
• Discover Flores Island before heading to El
Remate on the Northern side of Lake Peten Itza
Off the beaten track...
• Head to the heart of the Jungle in the Mayan City
• Discover a magnificent Mayan site amidst
the sound of howler and spider monkeys
• Observe an unforgettable sunset from the
summit of the Red Hands Temple
A highlight of your trip...
• Head to Tikal, the most impressive old city of the
• Your guide will take you right through the jungle
to the Temple IV, the highest of Tikal
• Private transfer in the early afternoon to the Rio
Dulce Region for the night
A highlight of your trip...
• Cruise on the Rio Dulce River and witness flocks of
cormorants, white herons and other bird species • Have your camera and binoculars ready to spot
them nesting along the canyon walls
• Continue over the Lago de Izabal to the
400-year-old Fort Castillo San Felipe
Ocean and palm trees...
• After breakfast, depart by boat to 7 Altares, a fresh
water paradise in the heart of the tropical forest
• Enjoy Playa Blanca, a stretch of white-sand beach
rimmed with palm trees along the Caribbean Sea
• Optional tours: Punta Manabique Boat Tour; or
Cayos Sapodillas, the ideal spot for snorkelling
Ancient history lesson...
• A private boat transfer to Puerto Barrios will
connect you to a ride to Quirigua
• Quirigua is the highest stelae of the Mayan
civilization (35 feet)
• Next, continue to Antigua for your last night in
• Private transfer to Guatemala City International
Airport for your flight back home
• Be sure to stop for souvenirs and last minute
• Thank you for visiting Guatemala - hasta luego
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|