Ready to travel through time? On this journey, you will feel the atmosphere of the ancient culture and historical heritage, mixed with the modern pulsating life in today's Greece! Enjoy the amazing landscapes, the city of Athens, and the towns and villages of the countryside. Additionally, you' ll meet with the locals, discover the production of olive oil through the ancient skills still used today, have a tasting of local olive produce, and participate in a ceramic workshop to learn ancient techniques. Finally, let’s cook! Greece is synonymous with good food, and you will learn traditional, delicious recipes. This travel will definitely leave you hungry for more!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Καλως ηρθες στην ΕΛΛΑΔΑ: Welcome to Greece!
• Upon arrival, you will be met and brought to your downtown hotel by private transfer.
• Check-in, then take some time to start exploring this historical city: there is so much to see!
Check in available after 2.pm
And home to the god of the sea...
• After breakfast, join your guide on a tour of Athens, and learn the history of the city.
• Continue with a panoramic drive , and enjoy the view while listening to your guide!
• End with a visit to the Rivera of Athens, which not only offers a magnificent view...
• ... but also is where the beautiful Temple of Poseidon's is!
• Here, you will also find out how the Aegean sea got its name.
City tour: 4 h, Panoramic Drive: 1 h, Riviera: 5 h
• Make a stop in Epidaurus, and see the most famous ancient theater in the world (guide optional).
• You will also have the opportunity to visit a local farm, and learn how to make oil of olives!
• Of course, you will also be treated to a delicious tasting of the produce: oil, olives and cheese...
• Stop en-route to visit Nafplio, the first capital city of the independent Greece!
• Arrive for the evening in Tolo, where you will spend the night.
An ancient place of worship...
• On today's drive, you will visit Mycenae, the cradle of the unique Mycenaean civilization.
• See the he ancient palace of the family of Atreides and king Agamemnon (optional guide).
• Enjoy the experience of creating a ceramic article and learn the ancient techniques!
• Stop en-route in the Dimitsana village, and visit the water power museum to discover it importance!
• Arrive, and overnight, in Ancient Olympia!
Gods, games, and good food!
• Discover where the Olympic spirit, and the Olympic Games, were started!
• Visit the archaeological site to see the temples of Zeus and Hera.
• You will also be able to join in a cooking class!: Learn to make fresh delicious Greek salad and tzatziki with garlic!
• And of course, you will get to enjoy what you have cooked for lunch.
Overnight in Olympia, Dinner included
With a stop at gorgeous Trizonia!
• Today, you will cross the Rion - Antirion Bridge, a landmark for 21st century Greece.
• Hop in the taxi-boat, and visit the quaint, beautiful island of Trizonia!
• Arrive in Delphi, and find out why this area is called the "center of the earth"...
• Why not try one of the local restaurants, before tucking in for the night?
• Today, you will see the ancient temple of Apollo, the Stadium, the theater, and the treasures... (optional guide).
• This archaeological site is truly unique: discover the interesting history of this ancient culture!
• Visit the museum, then continue with a drive to the unique area of Meteora.
• Explore the monastery, incredibly located on top of the tall rocks...
Overnight in Kalambaka / Meteora.
The UNESCO world heritage!
• Today, continue your discovery of Meteora and the monasteries!
• Meteora offer visitors a unique experience, and a chance to get to know the life of the monks.
• Next up is Thermopylae, where the battle between the Greeks and Persians took place.
• Before returning to Athens for the night, stop in Kamena Vourla for the gorgeous seaside...
• ... and a specially prepared, traditional Greek coffee!
But maybe not in Greece?
• After breakfast, transfer to the airport in time for your flight.
• If you would like, we are happy and ready to extend your trip to the Greek islands!
• Otherwise, we wish you a safe flight and hope to see you soon back in Greece again!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|April 2019 to June 2020||$1,350|
|November 2019 to December 2019||$1,150|
|December 2019 to January 2020||$1,550|
|January 2020 to March 2020||$1,150|
|April 2020 to April 2020||$1,350|
|April 2020 to April 2020||$1,550|
|June 2020 to September 2020||$1,550|
|October 2020 to October 2020||$1,350|
|November 2020 to December 2020||$1,150|