6 reasons to travel to Greece
There's no need to go halfway around the world to see new sights or to relax. Just three and a half hours by plane from Heathrow, a trip to Greece will guarantee you sun, magnificent scenery and a unique cultural heritage.
The wonders of the Cyclades
Awaken your tastebuds
Get to know friendly locals
Travel to the heart of Greek mythology
Discover Athens, the birthplace of Western civilisation.
Expend that energy in breathtaking places
Is this the destination for you?
So, you're heading on a trip to Greece? Or are you hesitating? Here's some advice which will help you work out if Greece is for you.
You should go if
- You love ancient ruins, Corinthian and Ionic capitals, amphitheatres, circuses and so on.
- You want to put your knowledge of Zeus, Hera, Poseidon and other gods of Olympus to the test.
- You want to find out about the origins of the Olympic Games.
- You want to enjoy the best tzatziki, ouzo, feta and olive oil that you'll ever taste.
- You dream of cruising from island to island, in the Cyclades or Meteora islands against the backdrop of a turquoise sea.
- You want to check out the white houses with blue roofs for yourself.
- You wish to experience the acoustics of the theatre of Epidaurus.
- You dream of swimming in the empty creeks.
You shouldn't go if
- You think that architectural ruins are boring.
- You prefer a less touristy destination.
- You know nothing about mythology, and don't care about it!
- You are seeking a total escape and want to lose your preconceptions.