6 reasons to travel to Greece
There's no need to go halfway around the world to see new sights or to relax. Just three and a half hours by plane from Heathrow, a trip to Greece will guarantee you sun, magnificent scenery and a unique cultural heritage.
- The wonders of the Cyclades
- Awaken your tastebuds
- Get to know friendly locals
- Travel to the heart of Greek mythology
- Discover Athens, the birthplace of Western civilisation.
- Expend that energy in breathtaking places
Is this the destination for you?
So, you're heading on a trip to Greece? Or are you hesitating? Here's some advice which will help you work out if Greece is for you.
You should go if
- You love ancient ruins, Corinthian and Ionic capitals, amphitheatres, circuses and so on.
- You want to put your knowledge of Zeus, Hera, Poseidon and other gods of Olympus to the test.
- You want to find out about the origins of the Olympic Games.
- You want to enjoy the best tzatziki, ouzo, feta and olive oil that you'll ever taste.
- You dream of cruising from island to island, in the Cyclades or Meteora islands against the backdrop of a turquoise sea.
- You want to check out the white houses with blue roofs for yourself.
- You wish to experience the acoustics of the theatre of Epidaurus.
- You dream of swimming in the empty creeks.
You shouldn't go if
- You think that architectural ruins are boring.
- You prefer a less touristy destination.
- You know nothing about mythology, and don't care about it!
- You are seeking a total escape and want to lose your preconceptions.