Pack your gear and prepare for adventure! Cross nearly every geographical climate zone as you make your way from the peaks of the Andes to dense jungles of the Amazon. Walk, hike, swim and journey by cable car, van, canoe and train along the way to ultimate Ecuador discovery! This vibrant, diverse country has so much to offer you'll wonder how it's even possible to fit it all of its wonders into such a small geographical area. Colorful markets, picturesque crater lakes, thermal baths and volcanos are waiting! Get in touch with our local Agency to tailor-make a once in a lifetime adventure just for you.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Meanwhile, high in the Andean foothills...
• Private transfer to your hotel located in a very cozy neighborhood
• Free rest of the day/evening to settle in or begin exploring Quito
• Begin with a walk through Quito’s historic quarter with stops along the Plaza Grande and the churches of La Compañia and San Francisco
• Either take the cable car to the top of Pichincha Mountain for spectacular views of the city or...
• Step on both hemispheres at the same time at the Equator Monument “Mitad del Mungo"
• Cross the Papallacta Mountain Pass and spend the day soaking in the rejuvenating waters of the Papallacta thermal baths
• In the afternoon continue towards the Amazon rainforest region
• Arrive at the Hakuna Matata lodge and spend the evening enjoying the pool and other amenities
• Journey to the small jungle village Misahuali
• Hop in a motorized canoe and explore the “amaZOOnico” animal refuge
• Join a native nature guide on a hike through the jungle
• Visit a small community to learn about local traditions as you practice your blowpipe skills
You won't want to leave...
• Enjoy the morning as you like. Perhaps take a short walk or relax in the pool before the adventure continues
• Your private English speaking guide will then take you to the cozy mountain town Baños de Aqua Santa (also the adventure capital of Ecuador)
• Spend the morning discovering the surreal landscapes of Cotopaxi National Park and one of the highest active volcanos in the world!
• The volcano can be climbed up to a refuge at a height of 4,800m offering spectacular views all the way up!
• In the afternoon continue the journey to Lasso and settle in to your cozy accommodation
One of the most incredible train journeys...
• Ride the famous train as it defies gravity and clings to the steep mountainside
• Explore the pre-Columbian ruins of Ingapirca
• Continue towards Cuenca and settle in to your accommodation for the night
• First up, a guided tour of Cuenca, a UNESCO World Heritage city
• Visit a Panama hat factory at the Rio Tomebamba
• Free rest of the afternoon! Go on with ya crazy self
• Begin the last day of your journey with a tour of Guayaquil
• Visit the Parque Bolivar, the historic quarter of Las Peñas and the Guayas riverfront
• Enjoy some time for last minute shopping
• Hope you’re as pumped about this adventure as we are!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person||2185|