5 reasons to travel to Oman
The Sultanate of Oman is located in the south of the Arabian peninsula. It is a safe destination in the Middle East that offers the traveller a diversity of landscapes: desert, mountains and sea. A visit to Oman means discovering the Omani capital, Muscat, going to the Jebel Akhdar mountain to contemplate the breathtaking view of the canyon, swimming and diving in the waters of the Musamdam region or travelling through the Wahiba desert to encounter the Omani Bedouins. The landscapes are so varied and surprising that they will certainly not leave you indifferent!
A surprising cultural heritage
Life's a beach in Oman!
Live your own "Thousand and One Nights" experience
An ideal destination in winter
A guaranteed exotic experience
Is this the destination for you?
Are you dreaming of going to the Middle East but don't really know which destination to choose? A trip to Oman
is just for you!
Between traditions and open-mindedness, the country will welcome you with a smile. You won't be disappointed by the Omani welcome, a very warming population who endeavours to do its best so that you have the fondest memories possible!
You should go if
- You like meeting new people and wish to get to know the local population
- You are looking for a change of scene whilst remaining safe
- You can adapt to the local culture (especially for women outside of the large cities)
- You don't have to use sign language to be understood
- You are ready to receive numerous presents from people you are going to meet
- You have a tough stomach for "not too spicy" dishes!
You shouldn't go if
- You aren't open-minded
- You want to travel in comfort
- You don't like communicating with strangers
- Eating with your hands gives you a mental block