Discover the cultural heritage, history and nature of incredible Rwanda during 8 days! On this trip, you will have the opportunity to learn about the emotional history of the Rwandan Genocide, join thrilling game drive safaris, island hop between Napoleon and Peace Island, and trek for Chimpanzees, Gorillas and Golden Monkeys!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• A guide meets you at the airport and brings you to the hotel.
• Check-in and take some time to relax.
An emotional visit
• Discover the Kigali City, and see the historical landmarks.
• Visit the Kigali Genocide memorial site - This is truly an emotional experience.
• Transfer to Bugesera in the afternoon to visit the reconciliation village.
• Engage in different traditional activities: why not try some farming or traditional dancing?
Watch out for the giant Nile Crocodile...
• Transfer to Akagera National Park for a game drive!
• Look for Lions, Rhinos, Leopards, Elephants and Buffaloes!
• Have a delicious lunch at your lodge after check-in.
• Drive to lake Lake Ihema for a boat ride in the afternoon: see Hippos and the Nile Crovodile!
• Enjoy an early breakfast before the game drive.
• Get excited: this is a full day game drive!
• Enjoy a packed lunch while spotting the animals - do you see more species than yesterday?
• Transfer back to Kigali after the drive.
An incredible walk above ground
• Join the early morning drive to Nyungwe!
• Stop to explore Nyanza: visit the King’s palace the National Museum and more.
• Enjoy a thrilling forest walk 70m above the ground in Nyungwe Forest!
• This gives a gorgeous view of the thick Nyungwe Canopy from the above.
A truly unique experience!
• Have breakfast at dawn, then its time for a chimpanzee trekking!
• Transfer to the Kibuye lake port in the afternoon.
• It is one of Rwanda’s most attractive of lake ports, and considered a hidden treasure.
• Enjoy the lush green hills and peaceful breeze.
• Have breakfast at the shores of beautiful Lake Kivu.
• Continue to the Napoleon and Peace Islands by boat!
• These islands are true nature discoveries: beautiful scenery, birds and even fruit bats!
• Enjoy the exclusive nature walk, available on both islands.
Perhaps the toughest choice ever made...
• Choose between to incredible experiences: Gorilla or Golden Money Trekking!
• Get close to the incredible mountain gorillas on a once in a lifetime experience...
• ... or see the only golden monkey population still reachable, in the Volcanoes National Park!
• Transfer to Kigali, and enjoy a visit to the twin lakes Burera and Ruhondo en-route!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person in double room||$1,000|