- Encounters with locals
- Nature Reserve / Wildlife Observation / Safari
- Hiking / Trekking
With peaks ranging between 4,000 and 6,000 metres above sea level, the Cordillera Real is a real challenge for any trekking enthusiast. If you choose to tackle one of these extraordinary hikes, adrenaline, challenge and surpassing your expectations will be the key elements of your trip to Bolivia.
Before you set off on your adventure, please bear in mind these essential requirements so you can have a successful trip:
- Be in excellent physical shape
- Take the right equipment
- Choose a professional high-mountain guide
- If the price you're offered seems a bit too low, don't accept it
- Spend a few days resting so you can acclimatise to the altitude;
- Finally, remember that there are several routes you can take, according to your age, wishes, time, ability, and budget...
On our second day of trekking between La Paz and Mount Huayna Potosí, we discovered Laguna Jurikhota, which is about a 1 hour 30 minute walk from Laguna Congelada . Located at 4,720 metres above sea level, this deep blue lagoon reflects the surrounding snow-capped mountains and serves as a watering place for the region's animals.