Luang Prabang, the ancient capital of Luang Prabang Province in northern Laos, is a huge UNESCO protected area that covers the peninsula and the opposite shore of the Mekong. Here, dozens of temples are harmoniously scattered between civil lao-french architecture surrounded by mountains at the confluence of the Mekong and the Nam Khan.
Besides its buildings, Luang Prabang offers a unique peaceful atmosphere as well where
experiences and exchanges with locals are the keywords to increase a unique souvenir to share once back home and why to return to continue to explore beyond. Meet the elephants, bike through the quiet and peaceful streets of Luang Prabang, dive into the tropical turquoise blue ponds, learn how to process to make your own rice noodle, get a truly local insight into the Laotian capital and much more! What are you waiting for?
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Meet your Lao English-speaking guide at the arrival hall and transfer to your hotel for check-in.
• Our first visit in the afternoon will lead us to visit Mr. Somxay which owns a bamboo workshop and learn about the importance of bamboo.
•Then, ascend Phou Si Hill. The hill commands great views over the town, the Mekong and the Nam Khan rivers and the mountainous ranges.
• Once back to ground level, stop at the awakening Hmong minority people Night Market. It is held daily in the streets around the National Museum. Villagers come here to sell their handicrafts.
• Tonight, dinner with locals!
• Today we will visit an elephant conservation center in Mandalao, and learn about these amazing animals.
• This afternoon, we start a bicycling exploration of the historic town of Luang Prabang. • Tonight, dinner will be served at Dyen Sabai around a traditional Lao barbecue, locally called “sindat”!
• Wake up early and travel like locals by Tuk-Tuk to the Peninsula. Witness the alms-giving ceremony, where long lines of monks and novices stroll along the street of the town center to collect their daily food subsistence from the worshipers. This ancient ritual is locally known as “Tak Bat”.
• Continue with a visit to the open-air food market that is held daily in the streets near the former Royal Palace.
• Later, hike to the beautiful Kuang Si waterfall. If the weather is good, you might enjoy a swim in the crystal-clear water ponds at the foot of the falls.
• Tonight, listen to a selection of traditional Lao stories at Garavek English Storytelling Theater and then have a delicious local dinner!
• This morning around 8:00 am, you will head to Ban Thinxom in the vicinity of Luang Prabang to discover an organic farm and learn more about organic products in Laos, their distribution, etc.
• As you might have seen during your stay in Laos, rice and rice noodles are part of the Lao cuisine. Once the farm is visited, it will be time to learn more about the rice noodle process and how to make them and you will experience how to make your own noodle which can be then enjoyed in different kinds of soups.
• After, we'll head to Vang Vieng! Rest of the day at leisure.
• Today you will go on a hot air balloon flight! Enjoy the sunrise above the mountains and rice fields, the clouds and the mist of the morning vanishing in front of you.
• Following the flight, we'll shuttle you back to the launch site to enjoy a drink together and toast your adventure.
• Then, back to Vang Vieng around 9-10 am, for your breakfast.
• When you feel ready, start your amazing caves tour in Tham Jang cave!
• Next discovery will be the Organic Farm which is a unique concept that welcomes volunteers who work on agricultural and educational projects.
• Then, you will head towards the Blue Lagoon 3. Far from a secluded pool, the lagoon is usually a nice place for a swim while getting surrounded by amazing limestones reliefs.
• Today we will travel to Vientiane!
• This afternoon, you will begin your trip by a city tour of Vientiane: start with Vat Sisaket, the only temple left intact after the Siamese invasion in 1828. It shelters hundreds of statues of Buddha in its walls.
•Then you will, of course, visit that Luang stupa, the holiest place in Laos and object of an amazing pilgrimage in November.
• Our first visit of the day will lead us to the Nongthatai Textile Museum which is located within an amazing site within a couple of traditional Lao wooden housing. It will enable you to learn more about textiles in Laos and natural indigo dyeing.
• Our next visit will be just close to the museum at the Orchids Farm. Laos owns a huge variety of wild orchids with about 800 species.
• Lao dinner at Senglao. Proposing an original Lao cuisine within a nice garden, you will enjoy this place then for a drink to end your evening in Vientiane.
• Explore the city on your own, buy that last souvenir or ask us for recommendations to do before you will be transferred to the airport!
We hope you enjoyed your time in Laos!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$1,490|