Located just to the south of Greece, a trip to Crete is ideal for combining the beach with cultural visits. Before fastening your suitcase and setting off in the direction of the island, check one last time that you haven't forgotten to put something in your suitcase. It wouldn't be very serious if you did forget something, you'll be able to find everything you need out there.
The climate in Crete is a Mediterranean one. You should adapt your wardrobe according to the season in which you plan to travel. You will more or less wear the same clothes in Crete as you do at home. For example, between May and September, you can wear short and light clothing to cope with the local temperatures. For the beach, you'll need a swimsuit and some flip-flops that you can replace with some walking shoes for your hikes.
There's no particular health problem in Crete, so don't unnecessarily overfill your first-aid kit. Especially as you'll be able to find conventional medication while you're out there for those everyday minor issues like relieving a simple headache. On the beach, you'll definitely need a good sun cream. You don't want bad sunburn to spoil your holiday. If you do get burned, take some Biafine to help relieve them. Hiking enthusiasts will also know that they'll need bandages for blisters.So that you can annoy everyone with a slideshow upon your return, take your camera as well as enough memory cards to store all of your images. On your last check, make sure you don't forget your debit card, the modern tool which is essential for withdrawing money and making payments. If you're not missing anything, all that's left to do is to head out there.
What to put in your suitcase
- A camera for capturing fantastic memories
- Your debit card for all your withdrawals and payments
- A photocopy of your identity documents, useful in case you lose them
- A good sun cream for protecting yourself from the sun
- Mosquito repellent
- A basic first-aid kit, everything else can be found out there
- Some good walking shoes for your hikes
- Your nicest swimsuit to wear on the beautiful beaches
- Some longer clothing during the rest of the year
- Some light clothing in the summer