Our fully customisable, private 12-day Vietnam tour has been designed for families travelling with children and teenagers. Your tour starts in Hanoi and ends in Ho Chi Minh City, taking you and your family on a cultural journey that combines must-see sights and hidden gems from Hanoi to Hoi An, before finishing off the adventure with a relaxing three days on the idyllic coastal resort of Whale Island.
Kids and teens will love...
• Spending the night under the stars on a boat cruising through Halong Bay
• Tasting and learning to make Vietnamese dishes on a Foodie Walking Tour
• Snorkelling through colourful coral reefs at Nha Trang's 'Whale Island Resort'
Parents will love...
• The perfect balance of family-friendly activities and down time
• The presence of English-speaking guides throughout
• The safety of 24:7 on-the-ground assistanceSee more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Lets start the adventure!
• You will be met by a representative upon arrival at Noi Bai Airport.
• Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
• Enjoy some family time today, and start to explore Hanoi's lakes and parks on foot!
• After breakfast, you and your family can enjoy a guided city tour around Hanoi!
• Starting at the Ho Chi Minh Complex, you will visit the Mausoleum and Presidential Palace.
• Continue to the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070!
• Enjoy a lunch, before continuing with a street food tour of Hanoi's Old Quarter.
• You English speaking guide will give you an insight to the Vietnamese food culture!
A show- for all ages!
• At 9:00 AM, you'll pick up your bikes and ride to Bat Trang village.
• In the Bat Trang Village, you'll experience the local life and visit the largest ceramic market!
• Biking the Red River and take a ferry to Thanh Tri Village, famous for its rolled rice pancakes!
• You'll be taught how to make this tasty local dish and get to sample it for lunch!
• Back to Hanoi for a bike tour of the Old Quarter, and a traditional performance of water puppets!
Biking distance: 20km (distance can be shortened upon request)
• Start a 3.5 h scenic drive to Halong Bay, and the world's largest marine limestone 'karst' landscape!
• On arrival, meet your local boat crew, and enjoy lunch as the boat heads towards the islands.
• Visit a hidden local gem; an ancient limestone cave!
• Here you can go sea kayaking and swimming if the weather permits.
• After a sunset drink on board and a fresh seafood dinner, you'll spend the night on board.
Enjoy the gorgeous water surrounding you...
• Have an early morning swim and some breakfast before heading to a fishing village.
• In the rustic rowing-boat, you'll pass friendly local people, floating schools, and pearl farms.
• Cruise to the main harbor and hop in the private shuttle and head to Noi Bai Airport.
• A late afternoon flight will bring you to Danang, where a transfer takes you to yourhotel in Hoi An!
• At 9:00 AM, your guide will meet you in the lobby for a private walking tour of the Old Town.
• On the agenda: the 400-year old Japanese Covered Bridge, the Phuc Kien Assembly Halls...
• ...the museum, and the colorful local market!
• At the end of your tour, you'll have the rest of the day free to spend at leisure.
• Today, you and your family will have a half-day tour getting to know Vietnam's rural culture.
• Bike with your local guide along country roads, during which you'll stop off to see different sites!
• Like an organic vegetable village, water and planting vegetables and hoe soil with a local farmer.
• Board for a river cruise to meet local fishermen and try your hand at traditional net fishing.
• Try paddling the unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boat in the palm-filled waterways.
• After lunch on the boat, you'll return to your hotel and have the rest of the day free to relax.
Some quality family time!
• Today, you can enjoy some time just for your family!
• Either relax and put your feet up at the hotel, or try out one of the following family activities:
- A 4-hour photography tour led by a local ex-pat
- Hop on a boat to Cu Lao Cham Island to see the marine life with our professional snorkeling and diving teams
- Cycle to Kim Bong Village for a ½ day private tour to immerse yourselves in the local culture
- A private tour of Bach Ma National Park to hike through sub-tropical forests to waterfalls and rock pools.
• For the last part of your family adventure, you'll visit the idyllic Whale Island Resort in Nha Trang.
• Upon arrival, your driver will transfer you to the coastal road north.
• Catch the speedboat which will take you on to Vietnam's famous Whale Island!
• Enjoy some quality time with the family!
Two days in paradise...
• Spend two days in a bamboo-thatched bungalow at a white sand beach resort of Whale Island (aka Palm Island).
• It is located on the stunning beaches of Van Phong Bay, known for fantastic snorkeling sites.
• The resort offers views of the tropical landscapes...
• Enjoy some windsurfing, kayaking, and catamaran tours...
•... as well as an array of fresh seafood dishes served at the seaside bar.
Where will your next adventure be?
• Have breakfast at the hotel before your transfer to Cam Ranh airport for a short flight.
• Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat airport.
• From there, you'll hop on your flight home!
• We hope you've had an amazing time in Vietnam and look forward to seeing you again!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax||6 pax||Single Supplement|
|Price per adult (October to December)||$1,650||$1,480||$1,340||$460|
|Price per child (October to December)||$820||$740||$670|
|Price per adult (May to September)||$1,570||$1,410||$1,280||$440|
|Price per child (May to September)||$780||$710||$640|