Get ready for days full of action! In this itinerary, you will watch the beauty of Thailand from different perspectives, by water taxi, tuk-tuk and train. Visit known and unknown historic landmarks and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Watch elephants, attend a cooking class and taste all different kinds of specialties from the food markets. Finally, meet all the friendly locals with smiles golden as the country’s sparkling temples - all the time with a local expert guide next to you.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to the land of smiles... :)
• Transferthe airport to your hotel!
• Explore the new environments at your own pace!
Explore the Venice of the East...
• Today, discover the city by an electric scooter! Explore hidden spots with your local guide.
• After lunch, get into a motorboat and ride on the klongs (canals) of Thon Buri, which gave Bangkok its nickname "Venice of the East".
• Stop for a visit at Wat Arun, the "Temple of Dawn", and one of the most emblematic temples of the capital.
• In the evening, what do you say about a nice cocktail bar with a fantastic view of the sunset? After, enjoy a dinner of Thai specialties at Supatra, on the banks of the Chao Phraya.
•This morning, visit the Jim Thomson's house, remarkable for its traditional wooden architecture.
• From the Saphan Hua Chang pier, immerse yourself in local life by taking the water taxi on the Bangkok klongs.
• Visit the main temples, including the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew) and Wat Pho.
• Tuk-tuk transfer to Yaowarat's Chinatown. Here, discover the lively flower and food markets with a local guide!
• Today, we'll head to Amphawa!
• But first, stop at the small fishing port Mahachai, known for its large fish and shellfish market.
• Then, take the old-fashioned train, open to the open air, through the salt marsh landscape.
• When arrived in Ampawa, enjoy typical seafood specialties from the region.
• Rest of the day at leisure!
• Today, depart for the Kwai river bridge and the Thai Myanmar railway Research Centre to learn about the interesting history around it.
• Enjoy lunch in the middle of the rice paddies and take the opportunity to relax in the shade of the comfortable bamboo huts.
• Then, jump on the tortillard train to Namtok. This train travels through rugged terrain on the historic railway line built by the Japanese prisoners of war.
• Later, take a motorboat to reach your floating hotel by the river. Enjoy a delicious dinner in the evening!
• Today, travel to the Elephant World sanctuary and meet the most sacred animal in Thailand. Feed them and watch them take a bath.
• After lunch, be a part of planting banana trees and sugar canes for the elephants!
• In the late afternoon, transfer back to the city and your hotel. Rest of the evening at leisure!
• After breakfast, travel to the ancient capital, a remarkable archaeological site classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
• Then, embark on a cruise and soak up the romantic atmosphere of the ancient capital.
• Discover some of the beautiful sites along the river and observe the timeless activities of the people living along the banks. Have a classical Thai dinner on the cruise!
• In the evening, take a night train to Chiang Mai.
• After checking-in at the hotel and having lunch, visit the four revered temples in Chiang-Mai: Wat Phra Singh, Lai Kam Chapel, Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Chiang man!
• After, transfer back to your hotel and explore the city at our own pace.
• For dinner, go to the Chiang mai University market for some delicious street food!
• Begin your day by taking your private vehicle to the Kad Luang market, renowned for its diversity of colors and scents.
• After, continue towards the outer part of Chiangmai, where Mr Praphat welcomes you in his traditional house of pure Lanna style more than a hundred years old.
• Here you will participate in the preparation of your lunch under the guidance of Mr. Praphat.
• After, travel to Mae Jo University to discover an orchid nursery, far from the orchid farms for tourists!
• Today, head to Pai. On the road, stop at the beautiful Mok Fah waterfall. The water is crystal clear here and very refreshing!
• Continue to the hot springs of Pong Duad in Huay Nam Dang National Park. This powerful phenomenon gushes out of the earth at a temperature of 99 degrees.
• In the evening, stroll around in the market of Pai for a snack or to buy some handicrafts.
• Leave Pai for a couple of hours and travel further south toMae La Na - probably one of the most spectacular valleys in Mae Hong Song province.
• Together with your guide, visit the small villages Baan Ja Bo (Lahu) and Baan Mae La Na (Shan) and meet the local population who will invite you to their home. The village is known for its traditional medicine and food directly taken from nature.
• Drive through a splendid valley of majestic limestone mountains to Baan Mae La Na. A villager will welcome you and guide you to the "Coral Cave".
• During this walk, you will be able to admire the beautiful and fertile forest which is home to all kinds of medicinal plants used by the locals.
• This day will be free for you to explore the surroundings at your own pace!
Optional: Departure from your hotel very early in the morning (4:30am) to admire the magnificent sunrise at the top of the famous Pai Canyon.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$3,360|