This itinerary covers: Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai – Mae Taeng.
Go on an adventure vacation in Thailand, from the capital city, Bangkok, to Chiang Mai, the "Rose of the North". A surprising discovery of the City of Angels, followed by nature walks through rice paddies, plantations and a visit to the most beautiful waterfalls in the kingdom. Enjoy exotic bike rides, jungle trekking or bamboo rafting. This trip will give you a truly different memorable experience of the Land of Smiles.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Arrival in Bangkok.
• Meet and Greet by an English-speaking guide who will then lead you to a vehicle for a transfer to your hotel.
• In the morning: Experience the daily lives of Bangkokians, by taking the Sky Train (BTS) followed by a water taxi boat ride on the Chao Phraya River "The River of Kings".
• Visit the Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew, which houses the sacred Emerald Buddha, the most revered Buddha image in the Kingdom. Then, continue to the famous Wat Pho where an impressive reclining Buddha of 46 meters long lies.
• In the afternoon: Explore Chinatown, one of the largest Chinese neighborhoods in the world. Be amazed by its vibrancy and its often-mysterious side.
• In the morning: Early morning departure for Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its remarkable archaeological sites.
• Immerse yourself in the history of this ancient city by visiting its main temples: Wat Phanan Choeng, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, a royal temple built in the 15th century, and Wat Lokayasutharam where a reclining Buddha of 42 meters long is housed.
• In the evening: Transfer to Ayutthaya Train Station for an overnight train rides to Chiang Mai.
• In the early morning, arrive in Chiang Mai and transfer to the hotel, Rati Lanna Riverside, where you can enjoy your rooms and a refreshing shower before breakfast.
• In the afternoon: A fun ride on a Tuk Tuk to visit the most beautiful temples of the city that are distinguished by their Lanna architecture dating back centuries.
• Continue your Tuk Tuk ride for a tour of Chiang Mai’s old town, its remains, ramparts and moats surrounding the historic square. A stop at Warorot Market (Kad Luang) where you will have an opportunity to shop for local products at reasonable prices.
• Evening at leisure.
• In the morning: Get transported by an all-terrain truck all the way north. On the way, a stop at the local market of Mae Malai to buy vegetables, fruits and other necessary food supply for the trek.
• The road leads to the waterfall of Mok Fah where you can swim and relax.
• Continue to Baan Pang Lun for a local lunch.
Later, depart by truck to Huai Nam Dang National Park to begin your 2-hour trek to Baan Mae Jok, a village of the Karen tribe, and the largest ethnic minority in Thailand.
• Discover the village and its people who will invite you to join them in their daily activities.
• Evening: Dinner and overnight in the village.
• In the morning: Breakfast in the village before departing for a trek of about 4 hours through lush and beautiful mountainous landscapes.
• Meet the most impressive and most revered animal in the country, the elephants! You can hand feed them, observe them, and spend time at their side in the lush jungle, along with their mahouts whom they have lived with since early in their lives. The mahouts will show you their way of caring for their elephants.
• A lunch break at the camp where your guide will demonstrate his cooking skills while preparing lunch for the group.
• Evening: Dinner and overnight in the village. After dinner, the guide will suggest a campfire and activities.
• Good morning! Breakfast at the village before boarding a bamboo raft, down the Mae Tang River to the Lahu tribe village in Baan Pong Ngan.
• A short stop at the village to meet the locals before resuming your rafting adventure crossing many fast rapids. After about 2 hours, arrival at Shan Village for lunch.
• Afternoon: Return by truck to Chiang Mai.
• Breakfast in the morning at the hotel.
Your Thailand adventure ends here for now! We hope you will be coming back for more soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From September to March||$2,000|