Explore beautiful Sri Lanka during 9 days! On this trip, you see the beautiful nature with its incredible flora and fauna, enjoy the local gastronomy and join in a cooking class, experience a traditional Buddhist ceremony, visit the local market, see the royal spice garden and so much more! By mixing gastronomic experiences, cultural discovery and nature observation, you will be able to truly experience the sites and secrets of this gorgeous country.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
And to the city of Galle!
• A transfer brings you to Galle upon arrival, where you will check-in to your hotel.
• Enjoy some free time to relax and unpack.
• Take an evening stroll in the city, and discover this historical and cultural city!
• Why not try one of the exquisite sea-food specialties for dinner?
• Depart to Udawalawa after breakfast to visit the Elephant Transit Home!
• This establishment looks after orphaned elephant until they can be released in the wild.
• Optional: Discover Udawalawe National Park, one of the best wildlife parks in Sri Lanka to spot elephants.
• The park is home to many water buffalo, water waranes, sambar deer, monkeys and few leopards!
Tickets to the National Park is not included in the program, payment at the park.Breakfast and dinner included
A day of beautiful scenery
• Discover the Kuda Oya Village by bike, and meet the locals in their day to day activities!
• With the help of Amila, it's possible to try to drive a Tuk Tuk.
• Continue to the city of Ella, and make a stop to see the magnificent Rawana Water Falls!
• Stroll through tea plantations to Adam's Peak and enjoy the view
• Maybe enjoy a coffee in the 98 Acres Resort & Spa?
Enjoy your breakfast in the foggy highlands
• Head to Demodara Station, and journey with the local train to Haputale.
• Travel over the amazing 09 Arche Bridge, though small tea villages and mountains.
• Upon arrival, a driver will bring you to Nuwara Eliya: Little England of Sri Lanka!
• Visit Single Tree in the evening for a special Buddhist Ceremony!
Why not help the locals pick some tea leafs?
• Hike through the beautiful tea plantations in Pussellawa and visit a tea factory, before continuing to Kandy.
. • Participate in a cooking class at Thotupola Residence, and make Sri Lankan Hoppers with Sulochana, your host!
• Enjoy your dinner at on the banks of the Mahaweli River.Breakfast and dinner included
• After breakfast with Sulochana's Family, depart to Kandy town with Sulochana.
• See the Kandy Market Hall and the the clock tower in the city center!
• The market is an ideal place to see local life of Kandy Comunity.
• Buy the vegetables needed for making lunch at the market!
• Head back to the house to prepare the meal made from local produce.
• Depart for Dambulla, and visit the Royal Spice Garden at Matale on the way!
• You will find lemongrass, cinnamon, ginger and cocoa to name a few of the things growing here!
• Continue to Dambulla, and see the beautiful cave temples, before checking in at your new hotel.
• Get an early start and head to Sigiriya, to visit the incredible rock fortress!
• The entrance, called "Lion Rock" as it depicts a lion's paw, is part of the UNESCO world heritage.
• Return to the Hotel and enjoy your breakfast before departing to Negombo!
• Visit the gorgeous fishing village, see the fish market and discover the habits of the local fishermen!
Where are you heading to next?
• Transfer to the airport for the return flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and to see you again soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.