Our fully customizible, private 10-day Sri Lanka highlights tour has been designed for families travelling with children aged 5 and up. Your tour starts and ends in Colombo, taking you through the most child-friendly places of the picturesque Sri Lankan countryside from Kandy's UNESCO-listed temple to Bentota's idyllic beaches.
Kids will love...
• Riding on the train through tea plantations to Nuwara Eliya
• Meeting baby elephants at Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home
• Swimming in the crystal-clear water of Bentota's beaches
Parents will love...
• The perfect balance of family-friendly activities and down time
• The presence of an English-speaking guide throughout the tour
• The safety of 24:7 on-the-ground assistanceSee more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Sri Lanka!
• Upon arrival, a representative will bring you to your hotel.
• Depending on the time of arrival, you will have the whole day free for some family time!
• Perhaps start exploring beautiful Colombo?
Transfer time: 1.5 hours
• After breakfast, you and your family will head towards the last ancient city of Sri Lanka, Kandy.
• Upon arrival, take a break at one of the many tea shops and enjoy a lovely cup of tea with butter cake!
• In the evening, you'll be taken to the lively sounds of the traditional Kandyan dance...
• The performance is a truly authentic introduction to Sri Lankan culture!
Transfer time: 4.5 hours
Delicious food and family time!
• Set off after breakfast to the Kandy Temple, the "Temple of the Tooth".
• Here, the relic of Buddha lies, and constitutes the premier Buddhist Institution of Sri Lanka and remains the cynosure of the Buddhist world.
• In the afternoon, it is time for a family time during a cooking class!
• Discover the delicious Sri Lankan cuisine, and the fun of preparing it together!
• Today, you'll hop on board the train heading to Nuwara Eliya, also known as "Little England".
• See the quaint little cottages that can be found scattered all across the city, and what impact the colonial era had.
• Ride through tea plantations, and small waterfalls scattered among the greenery.
• The cool weather and luscious greens makes this a very popular city escape for the locals!
Transfer time: 4 hours
Just the right cup of tea...
• Visit a local tea plantation after breakfast, where the family will learn about tea making!
• From the planting of the seed to plucking that perfect tea leaf, and then drying and grinding...
• To when it becomes that bold flavor that we have come to love!
• Stroll through Hakgala Botanical Garden before an evening of relaxation in the serene surrounding.
•If you're still feeling adventurous, why not set off on a boat ride on Lake Gregory?
Today, you will head to the Udawalawe National Park after breakfast!
• In the evening, you will visit the Udawalawe Elephant Transit House.
• You and your family can see the feeding of the baby elephants.
• And discover how they are being taken looked after, a true family favorite!
Transfer time: 4 hours
Discover the animal kingdom!
• Wake up early for an exciting adventure...
• Today, you will head for a safari in the Udawalawe National Park!
• This park is home to a number of Elephants, Sloth Bears, Jackals and Buffaloes.
• Continue the journey to your beach hotel, stopping en-route for an incredible visit...
• ... to the incredible Turtle Hatchery!
Transfer time: 4 hours
• Spend an entire day on a gorgeous tropical beach!
• Bentota Beach is one of the most family-friendly beaches in Sri Lanka, with gentle waves for children to swim in.
• Enjoy the vibrant sunset, and if you feel active there are a number of activities to choose from!
• Perhaps you would like to go snorkeling, diving, on a biking tour?
• You can even go on a whale safari, or have a family surfing lesson!
See you later, alligator...
• Today, you'll be setting off on a boat safari in Bentota River!
• Take in the relaxing scenery while exploring mangroves and looking out for birds, crocodiles, and monitor lizards.
• Make sure you have your cameras ready!
Where are you heading to now?
• You and your family will be transferred to Colombo Airport for your flight.
• We hope you've had an amazing time in Sri Lanka and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Transfer time: 2.5 hours
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||$1,010|