This tour in Rioja is the perfect option if you have a passion for culinary experiences, and want to know more about the Spanish cuisine and delicious wine! Your stay will be marked by visits to wineries accompanied by wine experts, as well as more cultural visits to cities such as Bilbao, San Sebastián and Pamplona. During your stay you will have the opportunity to spend a whole day with an enologist. All visits to the wineries end with a traditional wine tasting, and are more often than not accompanied by delicious pinxtos...See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
There is no better way to start your Spanish trip!
• Upon arrival, pick up your rental car and head to the hotel for check-in.
• Today, you will discover the city of Bilbao in the best way- on a Pinxtos tour!
• Your guide will bring you to the best addresses in town, and be treated to a delicious lunch.
• During the tour, you will also be able to sample several delicious wines!
• This tasty tour lasts about 2 h, and is the perfect way to start of your journey!
• Hop in your car and drive (1.15 h) from Bilbao to Haro after breakfast.
• Discover the local wine culture, accompanied by an excellent oenologist.
• Start the visit by the magnificent winery of Bilbaínas, followed of course and a wine tasting!
• Continue with a tasting of six types of pintxos before visiting the Vivanco Museum.
• Return to your hotel after the tour, and an evening at leisure.
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!
• Today, you will discover the vineyards of Rioja by bike (22 miles)!
• Marvel at the amazing view of the region's landscapes, and stop in many local bodegas!
• You will be provided with a GPS, which will show you the way through the gorgeous countryside.
• Drive for 40 min to the small town of Cuzcurrita, where the Bohedal Bodega is located.
• Meet the owner of this gorgeous winery, Leire, who will personally give you a tour.
• Taste the gorgeous wine while listening to Leire, who will share his knowledge and know-how!
• If the weather allows, the tour will be followed by a delicious picnic on the property.
• In the afternoon, 90 min private tour of the Marques de Riscalwinery, your stay for the night!Lunch included
You will have a lot to "wine" about...
• Continue your drive about 50 min to reach Arínzano, and Arinzano Estate!
• Enjoy a welcome drink, then continue with a tour of the vineyards in a vehicle.
• Back at the winery, you will be treated to a visit of the cellar and a delicious wine tasting!
• In the evening, a gorgeous dinner awaits you on the estate! Lunch and dinner included
• Drive 30 min to Pamplona after breakfast, the capital of Navarre!
• Discover the city on a guided city tour (3 h), and get an understanding of its history and culture.
• This was an important city during the middle ages, and is still today important for pilgrims!
• Explore the old quarters, the Chapel of San Fermin, the Catherdral and the Diocesan Museum!
A truly delicious tour...
• Drive to Astigarraga (1 h), where you'll be treated to a local cider house tour...
• ... and a delicious lunch in the form of a typical Basque meal, accompanied with cider of course!
• You will visit all the facilities of the cider house: the orchard, the presses, the cellar and the farm.
• Time of leisure in the afternoon, perhaps enjoy a walk along the La Concha beach?
• In the end of the walk, you will find the Monte Igeldo, a wonderfulviewpoint!
¡Y por favor vuelve pronto!
• After breakfast, drive form Astigarraga to Plentzia.
• Go by boat to Plentzia Bay to taste an aged wine in an underwater cellar!
• Besides tasting two wines aged in beneath the surface, a Pintxos tasting will be served.
• Continue back to Bilbao (2 h) and drop off your car at the airport in time for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and wish you a safe trip onto your next adventure!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|February 2020 to December 2020||$2,010|