In the 9thC, Alfonso II, King of Asturias, ordered the construction of a church where the body of Saint James the Apostle was said to have been buried. From the 15thC onwards, this church became a Christian pilgrimage shrine, giving rise to the Camino de Santiago, known in English as Saint James' Way. On this journey, you'll follow theclassic route—traveling by car from eastern Spain to the west—to witness landscapes of rolling hills and craggy peaks, impressive cathedrals and well-preserved ruins from ancient civilizations.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
¡Hola y bienvenido!
• Upon arrival, a private driver will meet you and take you to your hotel
• After you have settled in, you'll have free time to discover the city on your own
• We can recommend our favorite spots where you can sample the local delicacies
Epic views from the Benedictine monastery
• After breakfast, head to Montserrat Natural Park, a gathering of rocky peaks with the Benedictine Monastery perched on top
• Continue to Jaca, a city in the Pyrenees and home to a remarkable 11thC Romanesque cathedral and pentagonal fortress
Indulge in tasty tapas
• See the Medieval San Juan de la Peña Monastery, a pantheon of Aragonese Kings
• After lunch, continue to Logroño—Spain's top wine-producing area and home to some of the best pintxos (Basque tapas) in Spain!
• En route, stop by the Pamplona Cathedral, built in Romanesque, Gothic and Neoclassical style
• This evening in Logroño, we suggest you make your way to Laurel Street for a pintxos crawl
More highlights of the Camino
• After breakfast, visit the Santa María la Redonda Cathedral
• Visit Santo Domingo de la Calzada, named after Saint Dominic de la Calzada who built a bridge, hotel and hospital here for the pilgrims
• Tour the town then continue to Burgos where you'll settle in for the evening
A city of masterpieces
• After breakfast, meet your guide for a tour of Burgos and see historic landmarks: the Cathedral of Burgos, Las Huelgas Reales Monastery and the Cartuja of Miraflores
• After lunch, depart for Leon, known for architectural jewels like the Santa María Cathedral
• Enjoy a walkingtour of Leon before some time at leisure this afternoon
• After breakfast, depart for Astorga and see its impressive Roman sites, medieval buildings, and Gaudi's Episcopal Palace
•Visit other sites such as the Fatima Shrine, churches and the convent
• After lunch, continue to Ponferrada and explore the impressive Templar Castle
The shrine of Saint James
• Head to Santiago de Compostela, the culmination of the Camino de Santiago
• Upon arrival, check in your hotel and take a history-focused tour in the afternoon, including the cathedral and Obradoiro Square
You can take this tour with a guide, and audio-guide or choose a self-guided option.
• Enjoy a delicious breakfast before checking out of your hotel
• A driver will pick you up and take you to the airport for your flight
• We hope you have enjoyed your journey along the Camino de Santiago!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 pax||4 pax||6 pax|
|Price per person in double room||$1,010||$780||$730|