Experience the history of Nelson Mandela, and walk in his footsteps during 9 days! On this trip, you will visit Cape Town, Johannesburg, Soweto and many other incredible places important to this international hero! See the prison on Robben Island where Mandela was held captive, his early home in Soweto and the reconciliation center constructed for him. You will also have the chance to take part in amazing game drives to see the gorgeous flora and fauna of this magical country, like the black and white rhino, lions and leopards!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by a representative.
• A driver will take you to your hotel for check-in: take some time to relax and unpack.
• Meet your guide at the hotel, who will go over the details of the tour with you!
• Enjoy breakfast, then set of on a private tour with your guide!
• On today's trip, you will see Cape Town City and Robben Island.
• Visit the City Hall where, only hours after his release, Nelson Mandela made a public speech.
• Head to Robben Island by boat and join the bus tour and learn the history of the infamous prison.
• Your guide, an ex-political prisoner, and will give you full commentary and lots of history.
And a different type of exotic bird...
• Depart for a tour of the peninsula after breakfast with your guide.
• You will go via Clifton, Camps Bay and arrive at Hout Bay for a cruise to Seal Island.
• See Chapmans Peak, and Cape Point Nature Reserve!
• Enjoy a 15 minute walk to the Lighthouse, or take the Flying Dutchman Funicular to the top.
• Have lunch in Simons Town and see the Boulder Beach Penguins before returning to the hotel.
• Private transfer to airport: catch a flight to Tambo Airport where you will be met on arrival.
• Check-in at your hotel, and continue with a Soweto tour including a traditional dinner!
• This city is rich in political history, colorful culture and has a deep sense of community.
• You will see many important, historical spots, like the former home of Nelson Mandela!
• Finish with a delicious buffet at the Sakhumzi Restaurant.
On the path to democracy
• Start the day with a private guided tour of Johannesburg!
• Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa, and considered the financial center.
• Today, you will further discover South Africa's path to democracy and Mandela's Journey.
• Visit the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill and Lilies leaf!
• Enjoy some free time in the afternoon to do whatever you feel like.
Where the lions sleep...
• Continue to the Shambala Game Reserve after breakfast for an exciting day!
• Here, you can plan the activities of your day in the order you want.
• Perhaps start with a game drive in the incredible nature, followed by a breakfast?
• Take a refreshing dip in the pool before enjoying a dinner of South African Specialties!
• End the day with a nightcap in front of the cozy campfire and overnight in a Luxury Chalet.
An incredible nature experience
• Enjoy the game Reserve and everything it has to offer during the next two days.
• See the Nelson Mandela Center for Reconciliation.
• The center was made to be e a place where Mandela could host important political events.
• Enjoy day- and night game drives, guided bush walks and sumptuous gourmet bush picnics!
• This reserve is home to lions, cheetahs, leopards, black-white rhino and many more species!
• After a morning safari and breakfast, the driver will bring you to OR Tambo International Airport.
• We hope you have enjoyed the journey following this inspirational and international hero!
• We wish you a safe flight, wherever your next adventure will take you.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.