Visit Cape Town, Johannesburg, Soweto and other important sites of South African hero, Nelson Mandela. See the prison on Robben Island where Mandela was held captive, his home in Soweto and the reconciliation center constructed for him. You'll also get to take part in incredible game drives to see the gorgeous flora and fauna of this magical country, like the black and white rhino, lions and leopards.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by a representative.
• A driver will take you to your hotel for check-in: take some time to relax and unpack.
• Meet your guide at the hotel, who will go over the details of the tour with you.
• Enjoy breakfast, then set off on a private tour with your guide.
• On today's excursion, you will visit Cape Town and Robben Island.
• Visit the City Hall where, only hours after his release, Nelson Mandela made a public speech.
• Head to Robben Island by boat and join the bus tour of the infamous prison.
• Your guide, an ex-political prisoner, and will give you full commentary and lots of history.
• Depart for a tour of the peninsula after breakfast with your guide.
• Travel via Clifton and Camps Bay to arrive at Hout Bay for a cruise to Seal Island.
• See Chapmans Peak, and Cape Point Nature Reserve.
• Enjoy a 15-minutewalk to the Lighthouse, or take the Flying Dutchman Funicular to the top.
• Have lunch in Simons Town and see the Boulder Beach Penguins before returning to the hotel.
• Private transfer to airport: catch a flight to Tambo Airport where you will be met on arrival.
• Check-in at your hotel, and continue with a Soweto tour including a traditional dinner.
• See many important, historical spots, including the former home of Nelson Mandela.
• Finish with a delicious buffet at Sakhumzi Restaurant.
• Start the day with a private guided tour of Johannesburg!
• Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa and considered the financial center.
• Further your discovery of South Africa's path to democracy and Mandela's Journey.
• Visit the Apartheid Museum, Constitution Hill and Lilies leaf.
• Enjoy some free time in the afternoon to spend at your leisure.
• Continue to the Shambala Game Reserve after breakfast.
• Here, you can plan the activities of your day in the order you want.
• Perhaps start with a game drive in the incredible nature, followed by a breakfast?
• Take a refreshing dip in the pool before enjoying a dinner of South African specialties.
• End the day with a nightcap in front of the cozy campfire and overnight in a luxury chalet.
• Enjoy the game Reserve and everything it has to offer during the next two days.
• See the Nelson Mandela Center for Reconciliation.
• The center was created as a place where Mandela could host important political events.
• Enjoy day-and-night game drives, guided bush walks and sumptuous gourmet bush picnics.
• This reserve is home to lions, cheetahs, leopards, black-white rhino and many more species.
• After a morning safari and breakfast, your driver will bring you to OR Tambo InternationalAirport.
• We hope you have enjoyed the journey following this inspirational and international hero.
• We wish you a safe flight, wherever your next adventure will take you.
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.