This is the ideal trip in which to experience Cape Town, the famous Garden Route and safaris in the Eastern Cape. After 4 days of exploring Cape Town, make your way to the heart of the world-renowned Winelands region of South Africa for wine tastings. Thereafter, start your journey along the Garden Route which is one of the most spectacular and awe-inspiring stretches of coastal land in South Africa, if not the world. After a morning of land-based whale watching in Hermanus, you will head along the famous Route 62 on your way to Oudtshoorn. Continue to Knysna with its wonderful beaches and surrounding areas with plenty to do, including first-rate golf courses, nature reserves, hiking trails, river excursions, animalrehabilitation programs, and many excellent restaurants and coffee shops. End this trip with two nights on safari in the world famous Addo Elephant Park, followed by three nights at Shamwari Private Game Reserve to see the Big Five...See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
With a view over the soaring table mountain...
• A representative meets you at Cape Town International airport: 20 min transfer to the hotel.
• Settle in, then discover the waterfront area around your hotel followed by dinner at one of the many restaurants within walking distance.
• Transfer to Table Mountain after breakfast, hop in the cable car, and off you go!
• The top offers stunning views, overlooking Cape Town, Table Bay and Robben Island.
• Head to the Kirstenbosch Garden: claimed one of the greatest botanical gardens in the world!
• The Tea Garden restaurant is nestled inside the grounds where lunch will be served.
• You will also enjoy a coffee at Truth, which has been rated as the world's coolest coffee joint...
Dress code: black tie, tuxedo, and flippers!
• Visit the happy, African Penguins at Boulders Beach, and waddle the beach with them!
• Continue to the Charming Kalk Bay town and stroll the streets and stores.
• Have a delicious lunch at the Harbor House, overlooking the gorgeous harbor and ocean...
• Make an afternoon visit to Cape Point: see the stone cliffs, beautiful bays and mile long beaches.
• See Zeitz MOCCA museum, before a divine dinner at an award-winning restaurant!
• Have a late breakfast, then perhaps do some shopping at the water front in the local shops?
• Optional trip to Robben Island: glimpse into the life of Nelson Mandela and many other political freedom fighters!
• Head to Stellenbosch, one of the most beautiful scenery's and well preserved historical towns.
• Your hotel is centrally located, and dinner will be booked at one of our recommended restaurants.
Delicious, locally produced wine...
• Today, you will enjoy your first wine tasting at Waterford!
• Continue to Dellaire Graff, nestled between mountains overlooking the vineyards.
• The second wine tasting is at the award-winning Tokara at the foot of Simonsberg Mountain.
• Visit beautiful Franschhoek with its quaint boutiques, art galleries and markets for lunch!
• Here, enjoy a boutique wine tasting, and witness the producers passion for wine making...
All days in the wine lands are custom-made: our sommelier will consult the route with you.
• Head to Hermanus: lunch at the award-winning Creation wines in the Hemel & Aarde Valley.
• With the best land-based whale watching in the world, Hermanus is one of the most desired eco-destinations in the country!
• Stroll the streets of this beautiful town with quaint boutiques, art galleries, open-air cafés...
• Check-in at your hotel before, dinner at Harbor Rock: a restaurant with 280 degree sea view!
The winding, wine route...
• Optional this morning: perhaps a round of golf, or horseback riding on the beach?
• Start a four-hour journey to Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of South Africa!
• Have lunch in Barrydale, located of Route 62, the longest wine route in the world.
• Relax in Oudtshoorn before heading to a popular restaurant for dinner!
• With over 330 sunshine days a year, Oudtshoorn is a great place for outdoor activities!
• After breakfast we have a full day to see the town and surrounding area...
• You will also have the chance to visit an Ostrich farm...
•... and the spectacular Cango Caves with their vast halls and towering formations!
• In the evening, you will have a delicious dinner at your hotel.
And multiple animal experiences!
• Head to Knysna via the coastal road, one of the most scenic drives in South Africa!
• Knysna is a natural paradise: coastal town is situated in the heart of the Garden Route!
• A short drive from the lodge to the Crags area, where you will find the Monkeyland sanctuary!
• Here you can go on a monkey safari and visit the Elephant Sanctuary!
• Or perhaps stroll in the Birds of Eden, the world’s largest outdoor aviary?
• Dinner this evening will be booked at one of the popular restaurants on Thesen Island.
• Head for Addo Elephant National Park, which conserves a wide range of biodiversity, fauna and flora.
• Except elephants, the park is home to lions, black rhinos, buffalo, hyenas, jackals and a variety of antelopes!
• On the way, there is an opportunity for the brave to bungy jump off the Bloukrans bridge!
Where the Lions sleeps tonight...
• Visit Shamwari, a privategame reserve and home to the coveted Big 5.
• Due to its location, the reserve offers abundant wildlife, fauna and flora exclusive to the area.
• Staying at Shamwari means participating in an immensely successful conservation project...
•... which returned the land to the rich biodiversity for which the region was once renowned!
The road ends here...
• After breakfast, head to Port Elizabeth for your flight to Cape Town.
• We wish you a safe flight, wherever your next adventure will take you!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.