The Golden Ring is the name given to the chain of ancient towns lying to the north and east of Moscow. It is one of the oldest Russian routes in the country, full of history and unique architecture of the XII-XVII centuries. On this 12-day journey through the past, you will learn about the towns’ history, traditions, architecture, and the people who built their lives there. The route starts in Moscow, heading through Sergiev Posad, Suzdal, Vladimir, Kostroma, Yaroslavl and ending in St Petersburg. The perfect opportunity to immerse yourselves in the cathedrals, fortifications, fortresses, monasteries, buzzing cities, and landscapes of this fascinating country.
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Russia!
• Meet your driver at the airport and get a transfer to the hotel.
• Spend the day exploring your surroundings and taking in the new sights.
• Today, a panoramic city tour takes you to Moscow’s major cultural and historical points.
• You will see one of the famous 'Seven Sisters' skyscrapers, Lubyanka Square, and Teatralnaya Square next to the Bolshoi Theatre.
• In the evening you will go on a boat trip along Moscow River on a luxurious yacht Radisson Royal.
• Today you will have a guided tour toMoscow Kremlin with its beautiful cathedrals.
• Your guide will plunge you into the history of this famous place and tell how the Kremlin functions in the present day.
• Today, take the train to Vladimir, where you will meet your guide. Guided excursion in Vladimir with a delicious lunch in the city.
• In the evening, we will depart for Suzdal. Explore the city through a guide.
• After breakfast, meet your driver and drive to Plios.
• Afterwards, we'll head to Kostroma. Here, explore the city with a guided city excursion.
• In the evening, we will go and explore beautiful Yaroslavl.
• Today, explore more of Yaroslavl, visit museums and walk around on the cute streets.
• Afterward, get a transfer to Rostov the Great.
Guided excursion in the city.
• In the evening, jump on the night train and go to St Petersburg.
• Wake up in magnificent Saint Petersburg.
• Meet up with the guide and driver and make a city tour. Visit for example Peter and Paul Fortress among other things!
• Evening at leisure!
• Today you will have a guided tour to the real treasure collection located in Saint Petersburg – The Hermitage.
• It epitomizes Russia's love affair with art and culture. It is the home to the largest collection of paintings in the world.
• Option for the evening: ballet or opera performance at the theatre.
• After breakfast, take a trip to the jewel in the crown of St Petersburg – The Peterhof Palace with its beautiful parks and inventive fountains.
• Your English-speaking guide will plunge you into the history of the place and show you the most exciting corners of the parks.
• After the excursion, time for lunch in one of the nearby restaurants.
• Then, take a transfer back to the city.
• According to your departure time, our agency is happy and ready to prepare activities just for you.
• Transfer to the airport!
We hope you had a good time, see you soon!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From April to October||$1,900|