This inspiring 8-day tour of Russia's two best-known cities offers experiences of some of the country's most important landmarks. In Moscow, discover what goes on behind the mighty walls of the Kremlin, and marvel at the magnificent domes of Russia's ancient churches. In St Petersburg, soak up local culture at The Hermitage, and explore lavish Tsarist palaces. You'll also visit Sergiev Posad, which offers an insight into Russia's relationship with religion and Russia's Tsarist history. The day trip to Sergiev Posad is unique to this tour. Along the way, you'll be led by our expert tour guide who will reveal the stories and history behind these incredible sites.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• As your plane lands in the airport of St Petersburg, our driver will meet you and transfer you to the hotel. The rest of the day will be left free for you to have a rest after a long flight.
• As usual, we will be glad to recommend to you some nice restaurants where you will have dinner and celebrate your arrival to Russia!
• After breakfast and meeting with the guide, you will take a boat trip to the jewel in the crown of St Petersburg – The Peterhof Palace with its beautiful parks and inventive fountains.
• Your English-speaking guide will plunge you into the history of the place and show you the most exciting corners of the parks. After the excursion, you will have time to have lunch in one of the nearby restaurants and then take a boat back to the city.
• After breakfast and meeting with the guide, you will set off for a trip to Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo) where you will visit a beautiful park and palaces. Your English-speaking guide will plunge you into the history of the place and show you its most exciting parts.
• After breakfast, you will enjoy a guided tour of St Petersburg’s key landmarks, including the pretty canal system which has earned the city its nickname, 'Venice of the North.'
• You'll see the impressive Peter and Paul Fortress, the gold-draped Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood, as well as St Isaac's Cathedral, which now houses a Russian orthodox museum.
• After that, you´ll have free time to have lunch and in the evening we´ll take you on a guided excursion to one of the newest and most popular Museums in Saint Petersburg – the Peteraqua Miniature Museum.
• After breakfast, take the train to Moscow!
• You’ll have an opportunity to enjoy beautiful Russian landscapes through the windows. At the railway station Leningradskiy in Moscow you’ll be met by another driver who will transfer you to the hotel.
• The evening will be left free for you to have a rest and dinner.
• After breakfast at the hotel, you will meet with your English-speaking guide who will accompany you in a city cruise along the Moskva river on a luxurious yacht Radisson Royal.
• During the trip, you’ll see the most emblematic sites of the Russian capital and get to know a lot of interesting facts about them.
• In the evening you’ll have another unique experience of having dinner in a traditional Russian monastery with a wonderful view over Moscow at night.
• After breakfast at the hotel, you will set off to a guided tour of Kremlin, its territory and its Armory.
• You will get a chance to visit the very heart of the Russian capital. The evening will be rich in unique experience as we offer you to go on the KGB walking tour with a local English-speaking guide.
• After having breakfast at the hotel, you will meet with your guide and the driver who will accompany you on your journey to Sergiev Posad.
• There you will have a guided excursion to the Trinity Lavra of St Sergius and its vicinity. After that, you’ll have free time to have lunch in the town (we can recommend a place, as usual). In the evening you’ll take a trip back to Moscow to have a rest at the hotel.
• Transfer to the airport.
• According to your departure time, our agency is happy and ready to prepare activities just for you.
Hope to see you soon again in Russia!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$1,600|