Welcome to Portugal and the Douro Valley! Begin your journey in Porto, where you'll wander down narrow cobblestone streets, indulge in Portuguese cuisine and sip tastebud-tingling Port wine! Then, travel by car to the famous valley that surrounds. Recently recognized as a producer of some of the best wine the world over, the Douro Valley is marked by its sloping terraces and the deep blue-green river that weaves through. Travel by foot, 4x4, train, boat and even by donkey (!) to discover the region, its people and their customs.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
• Meet with a local representative at Porto Airport, followed by private transfer to your accommodation.
• Embark on a guided, half-day walking tour around the UNESCO World Heritage city center.
• Take a walking dinner tour to three local restaurants and indulge in some Portuguese specialities!
• Today is all about exploring Porto! Let us know which of the following three options suits you best:
• Learn about the history and legacy of Portugal's fish production.
• Watch fishermen return to port with their catch of the day, visit a top sardine canning factory, and explore the local fish market.
• Discover an ancient Portuguesecraft: the filigree, a type of intricate metalwork.
• Visit a filigree workshop and the “Alchemy of Filigree” exhibition
• After, taste local delicacies of Casa Branca do Gramido while overlooking the Douro River.
• Release your inner chef during a hands-on cooking class in a professional kitchen, learning under the guidance of a Professional Chef.
• Start the day with a private transfer (two hours) from Porto to Pinhão in the heart of the Douro Valley wine region.
• Enjoy a guided tour & tasting at one of the most exquisite wine estates for Port and Douro wines, followed by a gourmet, picnic-style lunch among the vineyards
• Take the rest of the afternoon to explore this magnificent region on your own.
• Take in stunning landscapes during a one-hour train ride from Pinhão to Pocinho, followed by a private transfer from Pocinho to Torre de Moncorvo to lunch (not included).
• Return to Pocinho after lunch for a boat trip along one of the most beautiful sections of the Douro River.
• Explore the village of Marialva, one of the official ancient villages of Portugal.
• Take a private transfer from Marialva to Atenor (1.5h)
• Discover the nature and traditional villages of the MirandesePlateau, Douro International Natural Park and Sabor River Valley via donkey!
• Gaze over breathtaking landscapes while traveling between Atenor to Miranda do Douro.
• This afternoon, you can choose one of two ways to explore the region:
• A half-day, guided canoe trip on the Douro River (Available between July and October)
• A half-day guided hike to observe the native fauna and flora and enjoy the beautiful panoramas.
• Enjoy dinner this evening at a traditional Portuguese restaurant.
• Take a jeep tour through local villages, walk down cliffside paths, meet with farmers and learn about the local arts and customs.
• Then, travel by small boat through the Douro Valley Natural Reserve.
• Enjoy a picnic lunch followed by time at leisure
• Dinner this evening will be at your accommodation.
• Sample the region's pastries and bread at a local bakery, followed by a 2.5-hour drive from Miranda do Douro to Porto.
• Finish your experience with a delightful guided tour & tasting at an exquisite Port wine cellar on the Porto riverbanks.
• Top off your tasting with a delicious farewell dinner.
• A private transfer will take you to Porto Airport (25-minute drive) for your onward travels.
• So long!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
Price Per Adult
Prices Starting From
|January 2020 to December 2020||$2,700|