Welcome to Portugal and the Douro Valley! Begin your journey in Porto, where you'll wander down narrow cobblestone streets, indulge in Portuguese cuisine and sip tastebud-tingling Port wine! Then, travel by car to the famous valley that surrounds. Recently recognized as a producer of some of the best wine the world over, the Douro Valley is marked by its sloping terraces and the deep blue-green river that weaves through. Travel by foot, 4x4, train, boat and even by donkey(!) to discover the region, its people and their customs.See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
• Meet with a local representative at Porto Airport, followed by private transfer to your accommodation.
• Embark on a guided, half-day walking tour around the UNESCO World Heritage city center.
• Take a walking dinner tour to three local restaurants and indulge in some Portuguese specialities!
• Today is all about exploring Porto! Let us know which of the following three options suits you best:
• Learn about the history and legacy of Portugal's fish production.
• Watch fishermen return to port with their catch of the day, visit a top sardine canning factory, and explore the local fish market.
• Discover an ancient Portuguesecraft: the filigree, a type of intricate metalwork.
• Visit a filigree workshop and the “Alchemy of Filigree” exhibition
• After, taste local delicacies of Casa Branca do Gramido while overlooking the Douro River.
• Release your inner chef during a hands-on cooking class in a professional kitchen, learning under the guidance of a Professional Chef.
• Start the day with a private transfer (two hours) from Porto to Pinhão in the heart of the Douro Valley wine region.
• Enjoy a guided tour & tasting at one of the most exquisite wine estates for Port and Douro wines, followed by a gourmet, picnic-style lunch among the vineyards
• Take the rest of the afternoon to explore this magnificent region on your own.
• Take in stunning landscapes during a one-hour train ride from Pinhão to Pocinho, followed by a private transfer from Pocinho to Torre de Moncorvo to lunch.
• Return to Pocinho after lunch for a boat trip along one of the most beautiful sections of the Douro River.
• Explore the village of Marialva, one of the official ancient villages of Portugal.
• Take a private transfer from Marialva to Atenor
• Discover the nature and traditional villages of the MirandesePlateau, Douro International Natural Park and Sabor River Valley via donkey!
• Gaze over breathtaking landscapes while traveling between Atenor to Miranda do Douro.
• This afternoon, you can choose one of two ways to explore the region:
• A half-day, guided canoe trip on the Douro River (Available between July and October)
• A half-day guided hike to observe the native fauna and flora and enjoy the beautiful panoramas.
• Enjoy dinner this evening at a traditional Portuguese restaurant.
• Take a jeep tour through local villages, walk down cliffside paths, meet with farmers and learn about the local arts and customs.
• Then, travel by small boat through the Douro Valley Natural Reserve.
• Enjoy a picnic lunch followed by time at leisure
• Dinner this evening will be at your accommodation.
• Sample the region's pastries and bread at a local bakery, followed by a 2.5-hour drive from Miranda do Douro to Porto.
• Finish your experience with a delightful guided tour & tasting at an exquisite Port wine cellar on the Porto riverbanks.
• Top off your tasting with a delicious farewell dinner.
• A private transfer will take you to Porto Airport (25-minute drive) for your onward travels.
• So long!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.