Spend four days in gorgeous Porto! This is the city of wine, the beautiful Douro River and valley, and the Portuguese capital of the baroque architecture. The location of the historic center together with the incredible architecture earned it the title of a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996, and has ever since won consecutive world tourism awards! On this trip you will have the chance to tour the city of Porto, enjoy an incredible white wine tasting and catch the train to Guimarães for a beautiful day-trip!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Welcome to Portugal
• Upon arrival you will transfer to the hotel for check-in.
• Take some time to unpack and relax.
• Why not start exploring the gorgeous city center?
• Start the day by visiting historical monuments and fantastic baroque carvings.
• In the afternoon, you will have a guided tour of the cellars “Casa Ferreirinha" from Douro!
• Here, the famous "Barca Velha" wine is produced!
• Enjoy a white wine tasting at the cellars, which has received the "Best of Wine Tourism Award"!
• Catch the train to Guimarães, approximately a 1h trip.
• Take the day to visit the historical center of Guimarães.
• This small town is enlisted in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites due to its medieval features.
• The city is considered to be the cradle of the Portuguese Nation!
• Catch the train back to Porto for the evening.
Where will you next adventure take you?
• Enjoy a slow morning, and transfer to the airport in time for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay in beautiful Porto, and wish you a safe trip!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|From January to December||$480|