Azores has been awarded several tourism awards during recent year, like a spot on the world top 10 sustainable destinations (ITB award) and awarded the most beautiful place in the world (by Belgian Dutch edition of National Geographic), which we are very happy about. Azores loads to offer! For example, it is one of the best destinations in the world for whale-watching. This tour offers the opportunity to visit this beautiful archipelago, namely its two most important Islands, São Miguel and Terceira. And of course, other islands can be added upon request or if you desire a longer stay!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
And one of the most beautiful islands in the world...
• Welcome to the Azores! Time to up your car at the airport.
• Depending on time of arrival, why not take a stroll in Ponta Delgada, the capital of this beautiful archipelago?
Lagoons, springs and natural pools
• Enjoy this day on the the island São Miguel
• The island is reached by car, and a drive alongside the coast and through the region of lagoons.
• Explore the beautiful surrounding around Sete Cidades and neighboring lagoons.
• Why not go for a swim in Ponta de Ferraria, a hot spring in the middle of volcanic rocks.
Dramatic landscapes and volcanic scenery
• Time to hit the road and drive towards Furnas, your next stop.
• Discover the lagoons and the Furnas area, famous for its hot springs and fumaroles!
• In Furnas, don’t miss a plunge into the hot waters in one of the pools.
• Time for some local cuisine! Try the "Cozido das Furnas", a stew cooked through geothermal heat!
• Drive along the stunning coast to the eastern side of the island.
• Take a break at tea plantations in Gorreana or Porto Formoso, the only tea plantations in Europe.
• Before returning to Ponta Delgada, take a detour to Caldeira Velha: a geothermal phenomenon!
• Enjoy the view of Lagoa do Fogo at Caldeira Velha , the most beautiful lagoon in São Miguel.
• Head to Ponta Delgada’s airport and drop off your car, and pick up your new one at arrival in Terceira Island.
• Depending on arrival, we suggest a visit to the center of Angra do Heroísmo: a UNESCO World Heritage
• Or a walk in the beautiful Monte Brasil hill, located on edge of the city encroaching into the Atlantic Ocean.
Where volcanic scenery meets evergreen fields
• Take the day to explore both the inland and the coast of Terceira by car.
• Be sure to visit Algar do Carvão, an impressive volcanic chamber.
• Make a stop at the Serra do Cume viewpoint, for a beautiful view of the island and its impressive fields.
• Time to head to the airport of Terceira and drop of your car
• We hope you have had a great stay, and wish to see you soon again!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$1,150|