Luzon island is rich in culture, natureand wonderfulpeople. Discover individuals communities fighting not only to preserve this beautiful island but to make a positive impact on the world through socialentrepreneurship, volunteering, corporate responsibility initiatives and work with underprivileged communities. Share stories, values & moments with indigenous tribes and live one of the most authentic experience the Philippines have to offer!See more
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Arrival in Manila...• You will be picked up at the airport for a transfer to your hotel in Makati district
• Our team will take you to dine in a great local restaurant with your choice of fish, meat or vegetarian fare
• We will also take this opportunity to go over your tour in detail
• A little test of Tagalog (the language in the Philippines) will undoubtedly be on the program!
Get to know a different side of the capital...• Discover old Manila with Bambike, a social enterprise that handcrafts bikes from locally grown bamboo and runs eco-friendly bike tours• Grab a bike, cruise through the Walled City and try some Filipino street food!
• Later, visit a village put up by Gawad Kalinga. The organization houses poor and homeless Filipinos in peaceful, colorful, and value-oriented communities
• Here, you will be welcomed by the community members into their kitchens, working spaces, playgrounds and gardens• This community is also home to GKonomics – a platform for social entrepreneurs, volunteers, corporations and schools to work with underprivileged communities
• Spend the day at GK Enchanted Farm, the first Farm-Village-University in the world!
• Take a tour of the 43-hectare land, learn about the GK approach to ending poverty & meet local community members
• Today, you will explore theBataan rainforest!
• Embark on a 6km hike through the last intact rainforest in the area• Join us as we explore this lush land, home to the Aeta Ambala Tribe• Learn about indigenous Filipino culture and help build the future as you plant trees in the tribe’s own fruit forest!
• Depart for Mount Puro to meet the Dumagat Tribe!
• Participate in storytelling and culturaldemos, and reforestationinitiatives, allowing the Dumagat Tribe to secure sustainable livelihoods while preserving its culture and environment
This tour is done in collaboration with Mount Purro Nature Reserve (MPNR) and the MPNR Foundation to rehabilitate the Upper Marikina Watershed and empower the indigenous Dumagat tribe. The Upper Marikina Watershed plays a crucial role in mitigating the destructive effects of typhoons and heavy rainfall in Metro Manila. In the 1970s and 1980s, this important patch of land was left barren by widespread illegal logging, and small-scale kaingin (forest fires), and charcoal-making
• Early this morning, beat the sun for a sunrise view of the Sierra Madre mountain ranges
• You will also plant trees, sing songs and share stories with the Dumagat tribe• Learn how to cook the native way – with nothing but fire and bamboo
• After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your onward flight
• We hope you leave our archipelago with your head full of wonderful memories!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$1,300|