Start your nature & culture immersion with a special trip to Negros. Explore the rich wildlife of Dumaguete and the beautiful Danjugan Island. Go for an unforgettable swim with sea turtles in the colorful underwater world of Apo Island. Visit the GK Valencia community for local cooking & social immersion activity. Bird lovers will thoroughly enjoy a day of birdingwith experienced guides of Dumaguete. Art and music lovers will be pumped after meeting a local indigenous artist famous for making traditional and quirky handmade musical instruments. You too will get crafty as you design your own bird-caller bamboo necklaces! You better start packing.
● Select a trip that inspires you
● Get matched with an expert local agent
● Customize your travels and book with confidence
Your adventure starts now!
• A private driver will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel in the heart of the business district• Visit the city center, stroll through its streets, and eat in one of the many rooftop restaurants
• In the evening, enjoy an all-Filipino fiesta buffet dinner while watching a 45 minute cultural presentation• If you’re keen, dance with the performers and try our traditional dance of Tinikling
On your way to paradise...
• After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Bacolod
• Once there, a private vehicle will pick you up and take you to your resort a few hours South
• Spend the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the beach views from your resort at Punta Bulata, near the Danjugan Island sanctuary
• A private bangka will pick you up in front of your beachfront resort accommodation and take you to the unspoiled island sanctuary of Danjugan
• Danjugan Island is a lush island and marine sanctuary. It is home to 72 species of birds, 10 bat species, 22 butterfly species, 17 mangroves species, and 572 fish species.
• Your day will be devoted to exploring this sanctuary, including a guidedbirdwatching, snorkeling and kayaking!
•Go kayaking in one of the five lagoons, or snorkel in any of the beautiful and rich underwater reefs
• Your guide will show you the best spots on the island!
• There is also an option to do some openseakayaking, or fishing (additional rates apply). You can even ask them to cook your day’s catch for a small fee
• Ride the boat back to Punta Bulata, where a private transfer is waiting to take you to Dumaguete
• Later, a local indigenous artist NickyDumapit will meet you for a tour of his humble workshop
• Marvel at handcrafted musical instruments made of bamboo, recycled materials and other unique items
• Design your own bird-caller bamboo necklace and a thunder clapper or rainmaker
• Embrace your inner artist and create amazing local musical instruments!
• Embark on a scenic 3-hour drive to Dumaguete town
• Go for a dip at the Pulang Bato Hot Springs & waterfall
• Afterwards, go for a GK Valencia excursion, a social activity focusing on sustainable and meaningful community immersions
• Here, live a day in the life of the locals. Cook a healthy lunch with ingredients from their sustainable community farm
• Make local budbod delicacy, a local snack in Dumaguete and learn some handcraft work, weaving of macrame pouches
• Set off on half day group tour to Apo Island, a marine sanctuary for sea turtles
• Swim with the graceful creatures in their natural habitat (please do not touch the turtles)
• Don't forget your underwater camera!
• Spend the day birding in the mountains of Valencia with experienced local guides
• Get ready to ride a motorbike as the location is isolated from the mainland!
• Get acquainted with the birds of Negros such as the spotted wood kingfisher, flame templed babbler, striped babbler and white-winged cuckoo shrike
• Spend the rest of the day at leisure or join the resort’s yogaclasses and other recreational activities
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Season||Price Per Adult|
Average trip price
|All year round||$2,130|